Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Vollunteer needed

Group fun. :brow:

I'm no good at cut paste design photoshop crap. Would any of you be willing to help design the flyer for the West Coast Subaru Show? http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13558 (info)

Something colorful and cool looking enough to leave at local Subaru digs.

Maybe after we decide on one or two, some of you aways away from me and Ken can print batches and leave them in places you may think they'd draw people to the show. Especially those of you in OR and CA and ID.

Thanks in advance!

Eric Zap

I would help but..

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.Please try the following:

• Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
  • If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
  • To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

• If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
    If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
    click Detect Network Settings
  • Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
  • If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error

Internet Explorer

I had a good couple hours into one back when we had just gotten the fairgrounds reserved, photoshop crashed though, and I haven't done anything since. My issue was finding royalty free high resolution high quality photos of subes. Maybe tomorrow I will talk to some of the rally photographers, see if they will let me use some photos.

-Jeff

OK had some creative inspiration tonight and have this so far. It's more of a brainstorming, since we can't (legally) use any of the pictures. They are too low resolution to come out good on a printer anyway. Oh yeah, is it "West Coast Subaru Show 6" or "6th Annual West Coast Subaru Show?"

I have yet to put the details about the show in, so there's a lot of empty space.

Anyway, I need to get some old gen subes on there next... I am looking for some dramatic pics of our old gens that really show them off. I'm goin to bed for now though.

http://www.jdccs.com/poster.jpg

WOW!!!

That's awesome Jeff! I like yours too Brian, but the one Jeff did has the info needed. I can only think of a couple things to change.

Maybe move the beer garden down a little so it's not the first thing seen.

Also, add that the SCCA is throwing the RallyX.

If you can sneak in mine and Ken's email for contact info, I think it would be about perfect!

Brian, if you wanna add the same info he has to yours, it would work too. More than one kind of flyer is a cool idea in my book.

Thanks big time for the work you guys have put into it.

EZ

I just talked to the Boss. He says lose two of the rally cars. I suggested a justy or 360 and an SVX. I'll dig up the hi-res of the SVX asap.

Thanks

EZ

Nicky. Like you say, the web site is keeping you busy enough. This helps with distribution too.

I just talked to the Boss. He says lose two of the rally cars. I suggested a justy or 360 and an SVX. I'll dig up the hi-res of the SVX asap.

Thanks

EZ

Nicky. Like you say, the web site is keeping you busy enough. This helps with distribution too.

Jeff, it looks great! I just think to appeal to all we should give some of the other models some air time as well. SVX's, XT(6)s, 360's would be good as they are the one models that usually get neglected.

Thanks again to all. Nicky, when you get ready please send the URL to me as well.

Definatly, Jeff's has the info needed. Mine was a quick 5 minute job that i whipped together. I'd feel better passing something like Jeffs out than mine.

Maybe we should include a map with driving directions on the back of them, but have them state specific. So oregon flyers would have Oregon directions, California flyers would have CA directions etc...

-Brian

The flyers will and should have the URL for the website and maybe rather than directions on the flyers we can provide links to directions on the site.

Directions will be a nice thing to add though. It will give people an idea where they are going.

Not alot of people that I aproach with Subaru's have the internet. In order to find hard-core Subaru enthusiasts, i have to travel into the woods. Truckee, Lake Tahoe and Auburn aren't known for their high speed internet access.

A couple stopped infront of my house a few weeks ago in a '82 wagon, I gave them the USMB info and my email address but havent heard from them. See them every now and then, but it seems they arent interested in the internet as much as they are subaru's.

Later tonight when I have some time i'll put together some maps from different states. I just installed Microsoft Streets & Trips 2002 and its GREAT for planning out roadtrips.

-Brian

Thanks for the ideas! I agree, needs more variety... I just couldn't find the right pics. jeff [at] jdccs [dot] com is my e-mail, so send me some good ones. I'm off to school now so I won't have anything new until later tonight.

- Jeff

Jeff: great job!!! :clap:

I like it so much I say keep the same setup - but plug in an SVX front shot where the middle (bigest) WRX front shot is - and hopefully someone has an XT daytime snow-shot so it can plug right into the upper left corner like the rallycar, that beautiful fade job is worth keeping. And since that will leave only rallycar on the bottom - maybe it can be moved to the left so more of it is seen so the impreza folks have some eye-candy as well. Thats my 1/50th of a dollar. Once again - good show :)

- Erik - Tacoma, WA -

Thanks for the ideas! I agree, needs more variety... I just couldn't find the right pics. jeff [at] jdccs [dot] com is my e-mail, so send me some good ones. I'm off to school now so I won't have anything new until later tonight.

- Jeff

I've got the perfect one!! You'll love it.

Back now... made some changes. Still need a replacement for the blue wagon in the bottom corner. Preferably it would be a 80's white RX, or a brat. If you guys could look through your collections of sube pics, and find an RX or brat that is in sort of the same position as the blue wagon there now, send it to me at jeff at jdccs.com or even post it here. Doesn't matter what the car is doing, since I am just going to take the blue wagon out, and put a different car in it's place, but still use the huge dust cloud. That is why the car's orientation is sort of important. I can mirror it too, so passenger or driver side doesn't matter, just the angle of the shot. Thanks!! This is how it looks with the SVX.

http://www.jdccs.com/poster3.jpg

I can put together a sub-domain for the WCSS page. If you want, we can make it something like http://wcss.usmb.net or wcss6.usmb.net

Let me know, that way we can include it with the flyers.

Im working on directions from certain routes. if people already have convoys planned with meeting times, please PM me and let me know an Address and time to meet, i will have maps with routes, travel distance and estimated costs for multiple departure routes.

Dave. We need to get together and start planning our convoy. Should we have Sacramento be a meeting place? or maybe farther north?

**EDIT***Ok... i saw the webpage and it looks so good, i cant help but make a redirection page from usmb.net. The URL is http://wcss.usmb.net

Should take you to a portal page with the flyer, if you click on it, it directs you to the official page's link.

Might take some time to become active for ppl on the east coast.

-Brian

-Brian