Ultimate Subaru Message Board

360 Van? (Daihatsu Hijet, Pics added)

I was heading home from school and as I drove by I think I saw a 360 van parked out back of a local auto shop. it was missing the back bumper and I only got a quick at the rear and left side. I would have stopped but I was already late.

my question is can you guys think of anything else that looks like a 360 van?

if this isn't one than it is something really close, I mean really really close.

-AK

saw it parked out back, will stop later, it looks like a 360 but the tailights are different and it has conventional style wheels.

not a 360 but very close.

I'll get some pics when I stop.

diahatsu midgets are very simmilar in look to a 360 truck, the midget is mostly used as muels for varios buisnesses. mostly saw mills, they also emplyed the 360 truck as a muel in saw mills.

anyone in the portland area should stop and harrass the owner of the shell station just off of barber and capital in sw portland, blown motor, no dents or rust, it just sits there, hasnt been moved in 10 years.

I once chased down a guy (had to get off a highway exit and head the other way to catch him) that I thought was driving a 360 coupe. It wasn't untill he pulled into a rest stop and I got right behind it that I saw the "500" tag on the back. It looked almost exactly like a 360. Then again I've never seen a coupe in person.

found it!

it's a dihatsu "hijet" (yes hijet-not midget)

I took some pics and will put them on brat site when I get home

it had a disney sticker on the side, maybe they bought them to ferry imployes around, and it somehow made its way up here. or somebody put a disney sticker on it.

anyway, it was cool, might try to buy it.

-AK

Hijet & 360 Van comparison

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/267346/5

P.S. I got my Brat Primered and wet-sanded, I put pics on page 3 of link above

I am sure disney used it to haul employees, sure it's got the "Disney" sticker, but it also has "48" on the front, Probably meaning it was #48 of their fleet.

anybody know what it might be worth?

yes, Its my only brat.

I wish I had more than one

can somebody give me a ballpark of what this hijet might be worth?

i'll check on tue to get mileage, looks dented up but in good condition otherwise.

I think it is a mid 90's.

-AK