Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Interior lights, delay in turning off, any way to stop this?

Are we to assume this is for some devious nature? :-p

Can't tell exactly by wire diagrams but it appears there is a timer that can be bypassed. A little 3 way switch wired across the power and output leads could make it so you can have the timer or not.

Finding it could be the trick. I have wire diagrams for 98 but not for 99.

This says the timer module (they refer to as "Clock") is in the headliner next to the overhead interior light.

Are we to assume this is for some devious nature? :-p

hehe, not really. One of my various hobbies involves working at a welding/machine shop in a dodgy part of town. I know the delay is only a few seconds, but I don't like being exposed like that when I get in the car and I don't like the lights staying on as I walk away.

I know that I could just turn off the light, but I don't want that either.

Can't tell exactly by wire diagrams but it appears there is a timer that can be bypassed. A little 3 way switch wired across the power and output leads could make it so you can have the timer or not.

Finding it could be the trick. I have wire diagrams for 98 but not for 99.

This says the timer module (they refer to as "Clock") is in the headliner next to the overhead interior light.

Hmm, maybe I'll pop out the light and see if I see anything attached to the wiring.

Thanks!!