Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Help with Sedan EA82. Can't remove plastic cover...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KristjanJohann

KristjanJohann

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Reykjavik, Iceland

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

Hi, I have a sedan EA82 and I have a problem removing the plastic cover that you can see in this photo on each side of the rear window. Can you tell me how the heck I can remove this cover without breaking it?

Thanks

Posted Image

Edited by KristjanJohann, 28 October 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#2 markjw

markjw

Elite Master of the Search Function

• Members
  • 804 posts
  • Lacey,Wash.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

Those trim pieces Slide to unlock. I believe they need to move upwards. Even then, it's no guarantee that the fasteners won't break. Good luck.

#3 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,990 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

Like he said, mine broke, I still need to find a nice EA82 sedan to get new ones off of so I can paint them so they look good again :clap:

#4 markjw

markjw

Elite Master of the Search Function

• Members
  • 804 posts
  • Lacey,Wash.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

I went by the yard today and had an opportunity to remove a couple of these back window trim pieces. And it is true that you need to slide the trim piece upwards to unlock and remove. But, first you must pop the lowest fastener loose the same way you pop a door panel fastener loose. Then the whole trim piece can easily be slid upwards and removed.

#5 92_rugby_subie

92_rugby_subie

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,990 posts
  • Hillsboro OR

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

I went by the yard today and had an opportunity to remove a couple of these back window trim pieces. And it is true that you need to slide the trim piece upwards to unlock and remove. But, first you must pop the lowest fastener loose the same way you pop a door panel fastener loose. Then the whole trim piece can easily be slid upwards and removed.

Curious, what did it cost you?

#6 KristjanJohann

KristjanJohann

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Reykjavik, Iceland

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Thank you so much, now I just have to cross my fingers and try it on mine

#7 scoobiedubie

scoobiedubie

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 435 posts
  • Aloha, Oregon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

If you break it, you just glue it back into place with shoe goo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users