Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Info. on FHI?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 soobme

soobme

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,871 posts
  • Medford OR

Posted 07 April 2004 - 11:39 AM

Any one have any links to info. on other trucks made by FHI? (other than the Subaru Brat)
Also, any one know if our rear difs (R160) are made by Hitachi?

#2 NoahDL88

NoahDL88

Elite Master of Cookies

• Members
  • 4,264 posts
  • Everett, WA, USA

Posted 07 April 2004 - 01:39 PM

Fuji Heavy owns Isuzu, or they did, i think that GM may have taken over them. the nissan guys with their Z-cars use the LSD out of our cars.

#3 Adam N.D.J.

Adam N.D.J.

Quite Rusty, but working.

• Members
  • 3,275 posts
  • Medford, Oregon

Posted 07 April 2004 - 07:57 PM

Fuji Heavy actually builds a lot of stuff. They do everything from Agraculture to Aerospace, Freight Trucks to Buses. When I was in Japan, one of the buses I rode on from the airport to the barracks actually had a big FHI swoosh on the grill, it was sweet.
They also have a houseing division, that builds premanufactured "container" houses. In a sense, they have their fingers in pretty much anything and everything. This is why GM was only able to buy a fraction of Subaru, rather than buying them out completely like they have so many other automakers.

here is the link to their webpage.
http://www.fhi.co.jp/english/

#4 v8vega215

v8vega215

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Portland, OR

Posted 07 April 2004 - 08:29 PM

FHI had sold off most of there stock in isuzu to GM but they still own part of isuzu. so any time you see a rodeo or a trooper you can almost bet the FHI paied for some of the building of that vehical,(i work for the isuzu dealer)

#5 GLCraig

GLCraig

Livin' the live

• Members
  • 2,706 posts
  • LV, Washington

Posted 07 April 2004 - 10:04 PM

You can find a lot about FHI here http://www.fhi.co.jp...lish/index.html Also the R160 rear diff is made by Hitachi. Of you look at the sticker you'll find the Hitachi Logo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users