Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

92 Loyale Body Moulding Hardware

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 ferp420

ferp420

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • el granada ca usa

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

ive found that if i can get to the back side of the clip i can use a small deep socket and slide it over the tabs that stick thrugh the body and the clips come right off with out breaking cant get to all of them though

#27 Scooner

Scooner

New User

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • Cheyenne, Wyoming

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

Nice, yeah that adhesive is pretty awesome especially if you use some alcohol to clean the surface it attaches to! Those clips were the same on all of the EA82s i think, i took molding off of three different wagons trying to save some clips ranging from an 87 to a 93 Loyale. By the way, the junkyard east of the super walmart in fort collins, co has an ABUNDANT supply of subaru parts!

#28 Crazyeights

Crazyeights

SubaRube Goldberg

• Gold Subscribers
  • 1,003 posts
  • PNW

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

ive found that if i can get to the back side of the clip i can use a small deep socket and slide it over the tabs that stick thrugh the body and the clips come right off with out breaking cant get to all of them though

Good idea, Thank you!

#29 ruparts

ruparts

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • hooper, co

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

Hi,

i looked this up in my 88 parts book>  91017 GA750   is the subaru number for 87-88 vehicles.

#30 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,505 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

I have an 86 with the glue on trim......

When I painted the car, to reapply the trim I used

"the RIght Stuff" sealant/adhesive.........masking tape for the first 24 hours to hold mouldings in palce while it sets........and it's been on there for 3 years now.....

Might be easier than trying to find clips.

#31 Discombobulated

Discombobulated

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Thornton, CO

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

Nice, yeah that adhesive is pretty awesome especially if you use some alcohol to clean the surface it attaches to! Those clips were the same on all of the EA82s i think, i took molding off of three different wagons trying to save some clips ranging from an 87 to a 93 Loyale. By the way, the junkyard east of the super walmart in fort collins, co has an ABUNDANT supply of subaru parts!

Good to know this the locals around here just scrapped the last 3 loyales I have been picking off of:( but I ended up using some 3m double sided and it worked great, didn't want anything too permanent but I guess it doesn't really matter as the trim needs to stay forever:) finding out real quick to think of good ways to take stuff apart on these cars, every part I need to replace is broken but the part that is good that the broken part is attached to breaks taking it off so I have reversed my plan......

Edited by Discombobulated, 29 March 2014 - 02:17 PM.

#32 Scooner

Scooner

New User

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • Cheyenne, Wyoming

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

That's a good idea, my wife actually suggested using a type of glue or epoxy. I called the subaru parts shop at the dealership this morning, he looked it up and said no way. They've been discontinued. Figured it wouldn't hurt to try.

#33 coxy

coxy

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Sydney Australia

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

I think you will find from that era trim clips were all nylon the abs revolution started in the early nineties along with that hell to remove (Like as in an angle grinder) Sikaflex they use these days to even glue replacement body panels on with.

#34 Scooner

Scooner

New User

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • Cheyenne, Wyoming

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

jvzf.jpg

My fix for trim clips, drilled and tapped 8/32 screw, used adhesive mounting tape and fender washers with nuts on the back side. Workin awesome.

#35 l75eya

l75eya

Almost has it all figured out

• Members
  • 1,733 posts
  • Hoboken, NJ

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

I think you will find from that era trim clips were all nylon the abs revolution started in the early nineties along with that hell to remove (Like as in an angle grinder) Sikaflex they use these days to even glue replacement body panels on with.

Sikaflex! I used that stuff to seal up the gps antennae installed on the roof of the nyc busses. There's a chemical remover they gave me to remove the stuff, works great. Aptly named sikaflex remover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users