Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Circuitboard, repair or replace?

good eye finding it!

like he said that failure is easily fixed, not in a harsh external weathering environment so that's an easy one....but what caused that and is there other damage may be the next question?

I was replacing bulbs. Slipped off the perch i had it on resulting in that scratch, so no electrical problems. I was thinking solder but wasn't sure if it would be a sufficent conductor. No iron but i could probably use one anyways. thanks guys.

And i didn't figure the scratch out till i had it back together, PITA! I swear i cause more problems for myself than necessary!

Edited by jonas

Yes, that is a very easy Fix if you know how to Use a Soldering Pen or Soldering Gun, but I Kindly suggest you to use the Soldering wire which has rosin Core to do the Job Fast, to avoid more damage to the Board due to overheating.

Old Subies' Clusters are Fast & Easy to Repair, specially if you compare them to some Newer car's Clusters, in example: My Wife's car hasn't a "Circuit Board" ... instead, it has a thin Plastic "Paper" with the electronics printed on it, and it is just placed "Over" the Cluster's back Plastic... Such a Nightmare: is as fragile as a butterfly's wing.

Kind Regards.