Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need Caliper Bolts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wrongturninwv

wrongturninwv

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Jumping Branch

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Where can I get these caliper bracket bolts without paying a crazy online shipping price or dealers price ???? Part #901130011, 17mm socket bolt head. Bolt comes with lock washer. Is for 2001 Outback 3.0 VDC. All I can think of is the guy we had put struts on did not tighten caliper bolts enough and top bolt fell out somewhere down the road. Good thing I was a few feet from the house when this happend. No noise ,no warning. Just front right wheel locked up like someone hit the brake. thanks

#2 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,897 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Looks like Autozone carries these bolts.
http://www.autozone....e-Pin/_/N-8knjf
Don't know where you are located but if you take off the other side, you should be able to match it up at parts supply stores.

#3 johnceggleston

johnceggleston

Lite Master of the Subaru

• Gold Subscribers
  • 6,351 posts
  • Virginia

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

yes the dealer is going to be expensive. but you only need one. how bad can it be. would you pay $5 to fix your $5000 subaru?

it is probably only going to be $2 - $3. outrageous!!!!

#4 987687

Rally Suby!

• Members
  • 3,569 posts
  • Northern Maine

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Get one from the junk yard. It should be the same on any subaru. I mean like anything from 90-04, maybe 05+ Haven't worked on 05+ much, so I dunno there.

#5 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,891 posts
  • WV

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Post a picture of one and someone on here may have some. I have a few sets of 00-04 calipers...might have pins, dunno for sure.

But i'd be wary of just sending you one, they do seem to vary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users