Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DFEV Jetting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 djellum

djellum

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 639 posts
  • Vancouver WA

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Hey,

I have a used DFAV (with electric choke, so its now a DFEV). going to give a go at rebuilding it and install it on my EA82 Wagon. going to pick up the standard rebuild kit on Monday, but I wanted to check into the jets while its apart.

from what I have heard the venturis on the DFV are smaller than the DGV, but they come in all sizes. on the side of the carb itself its stamped as 26 on one tube and 27 on the other (venturi sizes?), and I have heard that that is similar to the normal DGV series.

Should I jet this the same as a standard DGV? the sites full of DGV info but not much on the DFV. Assuming since its a clone then if the ventri's are similar then the jets would be as well?

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Edit - im new to rebuilding carbs, so any information is helpful, such as a standard method of calculating things like jet sizes, or the place to research it.

Edited by djellum, 11 November 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#2 TOONGA

TOONGA

I divided by zero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Australind

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

here is a weber jetting chart

http://www.triumphsp...e.com/jets.html

not sure if you have the weber book

https://rapidshare.c...M.rar|63424|0|0

I would leave the venturis as they are and look at the idle jets and the primary jets. Jet sizes vary, as the bigger the jets the more fuel it will use and the same for the idle jets the bigger the more fuel will be used at idle.

I have a weber 32/36 set with 135 main and a 145 secondary, and the idle jets are both 50. this is a good in between set up for economy and power. as well altitude plays a big part in America, Australia doesn't really have that problem, at least not on the west coast anyway.

The rebuild kit that comes from redline for the weber has the details for setting the float for the needle and seat.

Good luck and have fun with it

TOONGA

#3 bonvo

bonvo

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LaPine, Or

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

im trying to make heads or tails of that chart and im just not acomplishing it lol whats a good jetting for a 32/36 on a ea71 at 4500 feet

#4 naru

naru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,797 posts
  • under the bridge

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

Since your venturies are the same size (26 and 27) as the commonly used DGVs,known 4500 ' ea-71 DGV jetting should work.

I find the Solex selection manual a good carb resource.
http://www.scribd.co...-of-Carburettor
Jet selection tips on page 22.
Even better than the Weber tuning manual.
Principals are the same,brand is different.

(Some pretranslation: choke tube = venturi)

#5 naru

naru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,797 posts
  • under the bridge

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

im trying to make heads or tails of that chart and im just not acomplishing it lol whats a good jetting for a 32/36 on a ea71 at 4500 feet

The chart refers to stock jetting on engines of widely varying unspecified displacements,so it is of limited usefulness.

The 32/36 DGV 22680.005 in the chart(same venturies as yours) is for a 1.6 litre ford so those settings should be close at least for sea level.

Edited by naru, 11 November 2012 - 11:51 AM.
+ 32/36 DGV 22680.005

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users