Ultimate Subaru Message Board

DFEV Jetting

Hey,

I have a used DFAV (with electric choke, so its now a DFEV). going to give a go at rebuilding it and install it on my EA82 Wagon. going to pick up the standard rebuild kit on Monday, but I wanted to check into the jets while its apart.

from what I have heard the venturis on the DFV are smaller than the DGV, but they come in all sizes. on the side of the carb itself its stamped as 26 on one tube and 27 on the other (venturi sizes?), and I have heard that that is similar to the normal DGV series.

Should I jet this the same as a standard DGV? the sites full of DGV info but not much on the DFV. Assuming since its a clone then if the ventri's are similar then the jets would be as well?

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Edit - im new to rebuilding carbs, so any information is helpful, such as a standard method of calculating things like jet sizes, or the place to research it.

Edited by djellum

here is a weber jetting chart

http://www.triumphspitfire.com/jets.html

not sure if you have the weber book

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|920p12|1267072237|W%20C%20M.rar|63424|0|0

I would leave the venturis as they are and look at the idle jets and the primary jets. Jet sizes vary, as the bigger the jets the more fuel it will use and the same for the idle jets the bigger the more fuel will be used at idle.

I have a weber 32/36 set with 135 main and a 145 secondary, and the idle jets are both 50. this is a good in between set up for economy and power. as well altitude plays a big part in America, Australia doesn't really have that problem, at least not on the west coast anyway.

The rebuild kit that comes from redline for the weber has the details for setting the float for the needle and seat.

Good luck and have fun with it

TOONGA

Since your venturies are the same size (26 and 27) as the commonly used DGVs,known 4500 ' ea-71 DGV jetting should work.

I find the Solex selection manual a good carb resource.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2357331/Solex-Selection-and-Tuning-of-Carburettor

Jet selection tips on page 22.

Even better than the Weber tuning manual.

Principals are the same,brand is different.

(Some pretranslation: choke tube = venturi)

im trying to make heads or tails of that chart and im just not acomplishing it lol whats a good jetting for a 32/36 on a ea71 at 4500 feet

The chart refers to stock jetting on engines of widely varying unspecified displacements,so it is of limited usefulness.

The 32/36 DGV 22680.005 in the chart(same venturies as yours) is for a 1.6 litre ford so those settings should be close at least for sea level.

Edited by naru
+ 32/36 DGV 22680.005