Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Harmon Kardon Hiss Over Speakers – Fix?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Quest

Quest

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Mukilteo

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

I have been checking out the new 2013 Subaru 2.5 Limited and have been very impressed. The only negative is with the Harmon Kardon premium audio system, as it has a very noticeable hiss over the speakers up in the dash. The sound gets louder for a few seconds after using the navigation console or even doing other electronic operations, such as turning on the high beams. I noticed this in every car I checked. I thought I was going crazy so I asked the technician at the dealership and he was aware of the problem with the audio system. He indicated that Subaru of America knows about it and is working on a solution. He said it is a capacitor issue. I am hopeful that someone might know when or if Subaru has corrected the issue on the new cars being made? Wanting leather, dual temp, moon roof, nav, etc. locks me into the limited with this stereo. L I really like the car, but don’t love the idea of what might be required to resolve this issue later.

#2 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,719 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Probably the kind of thing that will be resolved by the next model year. If you can wait a few months it will probably be fixed by then and you can buy a car that doesn't have that problem to begin with, rather than one that the dealer had to swap stereo unit to correct the noise issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users