Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

woohoo I can finally post!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 peacewize

peacewize

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Ephrata WA

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

Hello everyone, I am excited to finally be able to post on usmb! Have been a member for a little while but for some reason couldn't do anything but that's ok I have been learning quite a lot. I am from the little town of Ephrata in WA and recently purchased my first Subaru. It's a 1988 dl wagon ea82 spfi with push button 4wd. I bought it with new brakes and tires and 186k for $700. From what I can find this seems to be a good deal. The previous owners didn't drive it much the last two years so I gave it a full tune up. New plugs/wires dizzy cap/rotor oil/air/fuel filters (ran some fuel cleaner first) New battery and new a/c and. Alt belts. After about a week it kept running a little hot and I concluded the rad was plugged so I replaced it. Few days later it was leaking antifreeze on the passenger side head (bad head gasket) and since the oil pan was leaking I decided to pull the motor. Resealed all the basics, New head gaskets and cleaned all the carbon build up off the piston heads and the heads. Runs great now doesn't leak a drop of oil or water and on my last trip to Seattle after the build I got 26 mpg! Something about this car won me over from day one. I really love the subi crowd because it seems you all do tasteful mods (for the most part) and not the schucks special slap together Wtf is this!? I'm used to seeing with Honda's. Anyway if any of you live close by hit me up I'd love to pick some knowledge from a fellow subi enthusiast

#2 tractor pole

tractor pole

[catch phrase here]

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Monroe, WA

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Welcome! That will be the best $700 you ever spent.

Have fun and be careful these cars turn into an addiction:D

#3 bratsrus1

bratsrus1

Race car

• Members
  • 1,278 posts
  • Selah Washington

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

HI This is Jerry, welcome to the subie gang there is alot of cool people here. If you get a chance stop by my place i can show you my hatchback and my hatchbrat it has a 2.2 with a holley 4 barrel carb on it. Just saying HI i live in Selah Thanks Jerry

#4 Indrid cold

Indrid cold

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 764 posts
  • Kennewick, WA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hey Peace..

How is the bustling city of Ephrata?
Congrats on the 88dl. Second Subie I had was a 88-DL and enjoyed that driver. Everytime you fix something like you did you learn that much more and should the need arise you can fix yourself where ever you may end up.

Welcome and you will love that push button when you approach that icy patch on the highway.....

Oh.. these cars are like potato chips... You just can't have one!

#5 peacewize

peacewize

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Ephrata WA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Hey Peace..

How is the bustling city of Ephrata?
Congrats on the 88dl. Second Subie I had was a 88-DL and enjoyed that driver. Everytime you fix something like you did you learn that much more and should the need arise you can fix yourself where ever you may end up.

Welcome and you will love that push button when you approach that icy patch on the highway.....

Oh.. these cars are like potato chips... You just can't have one!

I just moved back from everett this year and boy does the sun feel great lol. That is the problem with subies, I already found a similar gl with power options and a d/r that needs the same treatment as mine for $350!!! I thought about buying it just to fix and flip it. Hate seeing it just sitting there :S

#6 Indrid cold

Indrid cold

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 764 posts
  • Kennewick, WA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

Got a co-worker.. His kid needs a subaru... BAD, to get to and from school.

Is that other wagon available? Details? or is this for your private reserve?

Update: The kid found a wagon so search is over.

Edited by Indrid cold, 17 November 2012 - 02:20 AM.

#7 peacewize

peacewize

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Ephrata WA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

I can check. Just a random roo I seen so I pulled over to talk to the guy. I'll try and call him tomorrow its in soap lake

#8 Indrid cold

Indrid cold

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 764 posts
  • Kennewick, WA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Oh crud... now I remember where Ephrata is.. bit more N. than I thought.

Enjoy your wagon!

Edited by Indrid cold, 17 November 2012 - 02:25 AM.

#9 peacewize

peacewize

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Ephrata WA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

Probably lame but I just realized my status changed from New user to usmb regular:banana: I like this site and everyone is so helpful and knowledgeable that I can't wait to meet some people outside of the forum. I don't know a lot of people that care about cars as much as I do so its very exciting to me to be around people that are

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users