Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Check this out if your stock and you wanna go wheeling! Free 2" lift! 2012

El Presidente

**If you are interested in this offer, please read the entire thread before posting. Thanks!**

Jeff(one eye) and I are looking to widen our wheeling group so we are willing to put up a(1) 2" lift and help put it on in Jeff's shop for free to someone who is really wanting to get into it but just dont have the knowledge or tools to get a lifted rig set up, so Jeff and I will help do that.

Things that will be needed:

1)We have a 2" lift for an EA82, so you will need an EA82 with a hi/lo 5 speed manual.

2)We're looking to widen NWWO and we're looking for active members, do you have enough interest/time to wheel at least every 2-3 months?

The more the better!:D

3) You should have a good idea and probably some experience working on your car. You are going want to learn, its not just a free lift, it is more of an opportunity to learn. Up for learning how to lift your car?

4) Car Must run well, We really don't want to get a piecer and try and rebuild a whole car that needs struts axles motor trans and everything, this is just a lift. Does your car run well?

5) When we go wheeling, we're not just driving down bumpy gravel roads, we're in the mud, rocks and stumps. We run on the same trails as the Jeeps do. Minor body scrapes and small dents are normal and major dents and other body damage might happen. You will probably occasionally break and axle, stub, driveline or other parts so you shouldn't be relying on your rig as a daily driver. We help each other out when things go wrong, so a "team" attitude is appreciated. Are you OK with all that?

6)Please, no EA82 automatics. They're simply not strong enough to keep up.

7)We usually wheel at Walker Valley ORV near Mount Vernon, Wa. Please consider the drive distance when when considering this lift and joining NWWO.

8)Your gonna need to find some tires and that is really up to you on size and brand/type. Your also gonna need some wheels that will work.

9)Generally, for bigger tires, you need to cut/trim/bash some fenders opens a bit. Are you ok with this?

**To get the lift, please post a pic of your car and Explain why you might want the lift.**

Here are some of the 2" lifted wagons that have been done in the shop or at Wills house

IMG_4936.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg

IMG_4206.jpg

IMG_3939.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

Subarubluecar014.jpg

homeandwagon2021.jpg

RonsLift009.jpg

Marcus56Subaru003-1.jpg

Pics005-1.jpg

picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=975

Who is looking to go Wheeling????????????

I might just have to pick up an EA82 so I can get a free lift and one of those badass NWWO stickers! ;)

Just kidding...(sort of). If you guys ever need an extra hand on an install just let me know and I'll be there. I'd love to learn more about the EA series and pass on what I know about the EJ stuff.

looks like I need to start saving my pennies for some tires, as I've met every other qualification. I just my ea82 back on the straight and narrow, so it seems only appropriate that I proceed to bash the living hell out of it with you guys.

i just need to find a wagon for dirt cheap!

Yes you do!

Anybody got a cheap EA82 car? I know we're all looking for them, but this guy is good to go, he posted back in the first Free Lift offer last year. Hes not afraid to get his hands dirty either..he's building an impreza up right now and its gonna be fast

looks like I need to start saving my pennies for some tires, as I've met every other qualification. I just my ea82 back on the straight and narrow, so it seems only appropriate that I proceed to bash the living hell out of it with you guys.

Sounds great!

29's(235-75R15) are gonna require a lot of cutting, but is probably the cheapest way to go. 27's(205-70R15) look the cleanest on a 2" lift, but 27's can be hard to find in the mud/all terrain variety. I saw a set of 28" swampers with %60 on CL for $100, deals are out there, but you gotta look. Somebody on the board might have a set for cheap too, Do you know what size you want to go with?

Josh

Edited by El Presidente

Yes you do!

29's(235-75R15) are gonna require a lot of cutting, but is probably the cheapest way to go. 27's(205-70R15) look the cleanest on a 2" lift, but 27's can be hard to find in the mud/all terrain variety. I saw a set of 28" swampers with %60 on CL for $100, deals are out there, but you gotta look. Somebody on the board might have a set for cheap too, Do you know what size you want to go with?

Josh

Most likely lookin at 27's, as I have a set (and then some) of 14" pugs waiting for rubber. I've been looking at general grabbers, but I cant pull the trigger on those yet so i've been getting real familiar with craigslist lol.

Most likely lookin at 27's, as I have a set (and then some) of 14" pugs waiting for rubber. I've been looking at general grabbers, but I cant pull the trigger on those yet so i've been getting real familiar with craigslist lol.

Great! sounds like you got a direction you want to go. Craigslist is a good place to look, but remember too the board has a "parts/stuff wanted" section in the classifieds. Might not hurt to post a thread and see what you get. Good luck with your search!

Josh

I have car and I have a set of pugs and love wheeling but I have always wheeled toyotas subaru wheeln is a little differant.

Growing up, I was around Jeeps and yotas, and yes, Subaru wheeling is different, but I find the challenge of making a family wagon go where the yotas and Jeeps do, much more fun. Its a different ride, but definitely not boring:D.

Josh

Wheeling and beating on on anything is definitely not boring but never been apart of a 4x4 club and you all seem like good crowed I would like too go wheeling with.

Awesome!

You mentioned you have pugs, do you have tires for them yet? If you're good to go, we'll work out a time with Jeff to get you lifted:D

Josh

Nice pics and lifts. You guys almost make me wanna move back over there lol. But the drive over isn't too bad so if I get this d/r gl iv been looking at ill try and come out. Would you guys ever consider having someone ride along? I could leave my car at the beginning of the trail and I don't mind getting dirty so more than happy to help work on things

There's tires on them but there Kinda bald but I have a brand new set of 31" big horns and a good set of bfg's so I think I'm good to go I think

Ok, I talked with Jeff, and this Saturday works for the both of us. Whats your schedule like?

Your gonna have a lot of trimming/bashing to do, so if you got tools, don't be afraid to bring them along.

Josh

Nice pics and lifts. You guys almost make me wanna move back over there lol. But the drive over isn't too bad so if I get this d/r gl iv been looking at ill try and come out. Would you guys ever consider having someone ride along? I could leave my car at the beginning of the trail and I don't mind getting dirty so more than happy to help work on things

A ride along could work, try posting in one of the NWWO trip threads and ask if somebody's looking for passenger. Unfortunatly, I think most guys are hesitant to offer rides to guys they don't know, because if there's personality differences, it can take the fun out of the trip. Worth a try though!

You could, bring some 27's and some wheels, we'll help you get lifted and you could hit the trail with us, but if something bad breaks, its a long limp home. You could have a buddy follow you over too, so you know you can get back.

Better yet, just move out here!!

Josh

There's tires on them but there Kinda bald but I have a brand new set of 31" big horns and a good set of bfg's so I think I'm good to go I think

Good luck trying to fit 31's under a 2" lift, I had to beat and cut the hell out of mine to fit 215-75-15s which is like 28" tire ...

I'm ready to go ill bring some tools. Do you want to meet some where in mount Vernon on saturday morning.

How about where we usually meet before wheeling trips, the old GI Joes parking lot, behind Denny's.

Heading north on I-5, take the College Way exit in Mount Vernon and turn right on College Way. Turn right at the very next light and go behind the Denny's(Denny's will be on your right as soon as you get off the freeway). You'll be in the GI Joes parking lot.

What time do you want to meet there?