Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Changing 2011 Outback Headlight

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mccullough

mccullough

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Idaho

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

I blew out the low beam on the passenger side of my 2011 Outback. I figured I could just lift the hood and replace it like my 1994 Legacy or my 2000 Legacy...WRONG. Access to the light is buried under the frame and I'm sure there is a simple procedure for this fix. Someone please direct me to this post as I have looked and cannot find it. Thank you so much in advance. :-p

#2 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,900 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

If you are referring to the bulb, check the owners manual that hopefully came with the car. My 05 and 08 OBs have such descriptions.

#3 AWDFTW

AWDFTW

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Chicago, IL

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Changing the headlight bulbs on a 4th gen is a nightmare and not simple.

There are a few threads on subaruoutback.org about it, but it is nowhere near a 5 minute job.

#4 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,900 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Changing the headlight bulbs on a 4th gen is a nightmare and not simple.

There are a few threads on subaruoutback.org about it, but it is nowhere near a 5 minute job.

http://www.subaruout...10-outback.html
The above link has a pdf showing the removal of the fender liner to change the low beam bulb!
Yikes! That's like your dentist working on your teeth through your ear!
One very good suggestion is to have the dealer do it if it is still under 36k mile/3 year warranty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users