Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82 cup holder option

this is the only pic i had, but i did similar to what you did, i found a slide out one on the ground by chance at the junkyard and trimmed my radio bezel for it to fit, i keep the am/fm stock radio because i dont really listen to radio and i have a nice fm transmitter (Harmon Kardon Drive+Play) which with the lower recpetion power of the radio works GREAT on ANY channel in my town.

whatisthis.jpg

you can kinda see it in this pic, lost the other pics :(

Here is my solution

5apavs.jpg[/img]

117aivo.jpg[img]

iG]

Took a little trimming and wouldn't work in a 5 speed. Remove 4 screws pull it out and back seats folds down just as they should. Nothing modded that it be put back to stock. I have to young boys they love it.

wow, that thing looks huge, but sure is functional. to large for my taste, but nice job making it work! i think i would trim is so the rear cupholders go voer the top of the seat so the ebrake isnt hidden as much.

^^ yup, thats the exact one i have.

i learned, with can drinks, to face rearward. if you shift nicely, there are far less rearward (accel) g-forces than there is forward (braking) or side (cornering). facing the mouth hole of a can towards the back of the car works well for keeping spills at bay.

I got a turbo, so i face the can's mouth forward. theres more accel than deccel lol i usually only have bottles there anyways.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic, so I'm just gonna lay this out.

It's a death style, not a lifestyle. You aren't feeding your family hunting with a handgun.

Hand guns are for killing people....FACT

More people are injured accidentally from their own handguns, than those who actually ever use them for defense.... FACT

Kids growing up around guns are more likely to die from guns....FACT.

Your handgun is far more likely to cause a death accidentally or avoidably....than it is to help you save any life. My opinion.

This thread is about cupholders. Why not save the talk about how cool it is you that you keep a LOADED, UNLOCKED, firearm around your kids on the NRA forums?

I'll bet there's at least 40 grieving parents in Conneticut right now that would appreciate a little respect, and a little less dismissiveness, of the destructive power of firearms.

Guns Don't kill people, It takes a person using the gun in an inappropriate way, to kill a person. It's sad that people do things like this.

Edited by bratman18

I sincerely apologize to everyone for the thread hijack that was never the intention. I did however feel a rebuttal was in order. Gloyale, Facts are Facts can not argue with that. But you know what they say about assumptions. Never did I say that my gun was loaded nor did I say it wasn't locked up. My glove box locks as does my console/cup holder hence why I put it in my car. I also never mentioned the age of my children. They are in car seats which is more than I can say about a lot of parents. They are far to young to even operate or discharge a handgun, and yes handgun are used to kill people... FACT! The FACT is if not for handguns I would not be a Father, Husband, Sheriffs deputy and most importantly a Subaru owner. Enough said. Everyone is entitled to there opinions and the right to express them as you have done so well. GOD BLESS AMERICA. SEMPER FI

-Rothell:banghead:

The fact of the matter is that you found the cupholder option that puts all ours to shame... What you keep in it is your business, but thank you for the post! Best cupholder option I've ever seen :)

The fact of the matter is that you found the cupholder option that puts all ours to shame... What you keep in it is your business, but thank you for the post! Best cupholder option I've ever seen :)

Thank you very much. After all it is about the cup holder or the lack of the cup holder.

-Rothell

Sometimes that person is a child with curiousity. What's the first thing a little kid does with a toy gun when they pick it up. Pull the trigger.

Kids + guns + one moment of unsupervised time = not safe

That was my point.

True. But this falls into the inappropriate use category. If the adult was irresponsible enough to leave the firearm unattended, then that was inappropriate.

cccccccccccccccccccc

ccccccccccccccccccccuuup

ccccccccccccccccccccuuupp

cccccccccccccccccccc uppp

ccccccccccccccccccccuuupp

ccccccccccccccccccccuuup

cccccccccccccccccccc