Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Leroy Brown- Just pluggin' away

Haven't posted an update in a while, so I thought I would do a bit of catch-up.

Leroy is making slow but steady progress. I had to redesign ( again ) the upper control arms and tie points to over come a camber loss condition. I just finished building the new control arms, and will have them on tomorrow. I now have 14.4 inches of travel on the front without any camber gain or loss through the whole arc. I can dial in any amount of negative camber I want and it will be constant. That makes tire wear and traction very predictable, and will give very clear steering input and road feel. I also took the opportunity to relocate the steering rack. It should now give me nearly the whole suspension travel without any bumpsteer. In the end I had to back up a few steps to take 1 very nice step forward.

The suspension has been a real drag on progress. I should have figured that out when I decided to build a new double A-arm front suspension from scratch. No easy task for me, but so far it's been damn fun.

Next I am going to convert the shocks I bought into coil overs like I did to the back shocks. The mounting issues become so much more simple that way, and it's dead simple to do.

I drew up a completion list and asigned time to each task, and came up with 910 hours remaining. :banghead:

I will try to pull it off a bit sooner.

I filled up a roll of film on progress up to this point. When I get them developed I will post them on the web site. I made a new web page, but I haven't published it yet. Just waiting for new pics.

no excuse now I guess. Except work, for some reason they want me to think about surveying, and not my car. :rolleyes:

Troy