Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2007 Impreza 2.5i wire harness

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vic622

vic622

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Ottawa, Ontario

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

I bought an Impreza 2.5i wagon two weeks ago & as its a base model, I'm going to want to add some factory "options".

My '98 OBW wiring harnesses had plugs for all the factory accessories & upgrades, is this true for an '07 Impreza?

The things I want to add are heated seats, fogs - Things that have dash/console switches.

What about WRX & STI electrical options? I don't know what these might be, but I'll put it out there, anyhow :D

#2 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 5,000 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

I think they only way you're going to know for sure is to just look. It depends how many different wiring harnesses they made. Right usually it's cheaper to just manufacture and inventory a ton of a single type of harness rather than to have separate harnesses for different submodels.

I'd say the first giveaway would be to pry out the little trim covers over where the switches would normally be for your desired options. Is the connector for the switch there? Ditto for where the seat heaters would plug into under the seat, fog lights etc.

#3 vic622

vic622

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Ottawa, Ontario

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

On the OBW, the factory made the plugs hide in the loom if they weren't being used.

They were taped in with the other wires so you needed to know where they were hidden in order to find them - made the search more fun!

Before I get crazy & start to rip into the Impreza's loom, I'd like to know if they are in there or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users