Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yes Price is $8k seems like a good price I can't find one for that price out west cheapest is about $11 - 12k

it is a lot of miles but Subaru's are reliable cars so I hope it will last a while :P My 1990 Legacy has served me well got a lot of miles on it.

8 grand is golden!

Remember that for another 4 grand you could do the head gaskets, timing belt-water pump,valve clearance, re-seal water pump? maybe.new koni shocks etc.

prices for used subarus are reasonable no doubt !

Sounds good. That slight side to side sway I notice a little bit on my '00obw too. It was worse before new struts and springs but it still does it. I am guessing '08 still has the multilink rear? I think that's what does it. I don't like the multilink rear at all. I liked the McPherson like on the 90's soobs much better. I never noticed that slight rear sway feeling on the older soobs.

That's great, glad to hear that it's a done deal. I'm sure you were nervous about dealing cross country sight unseen.

I like the idea of you doing maintenance on the road, you should have it in perfect running order by the time you hit the west coast.

:banana:

Well made it home Monday around noon, great weather driving home except for a couple hours in Utah, hit a little snow, but other then that it was a good drive just a little over 3,000 miles.

I have to average it out still but got anywhere from 21.5-28.5 MPG depending on speed.

I still don't like the side to side sway though, I have a appointment with the dealer, they need to flash the ECM so it will pass CA emissions and while they have it they are going to do a inspection of the car, see if they find anything.