Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

a/f gauge install

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mm88swrt

mm88swrt

oddball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • clatskanie, OR

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

so i've searched my socks off, and can't find anything on hooking up an a/f gauge on an ea82t with a single wire O2 sensor. i do know that the readings will not be super accurate but it will give me a refference to go off of untill i get all the fuel mods done. right now it is hooked up to the 45pin i believe off the ecu. this is the wire my book was telling me is the O2 wire. i also check it to make sure it was the wire i wanted. but i do not get any reading out of it. would it work to get wide band and hook it up and somehow use my single wire from the body harnes to hook up to it? if i could just get it to work with my single wire for now that would be fine with me.

#2 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,920 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Hm, your gauge, does it have two wires for input? If so I think you would need to connect one of the input wires to ground and the other to that single wire output from the oxygen sensor. Not sure how well it will work with a non-heated o2 sensor. Even if it does if that is a narrow band sensor I don't think those give a very useful output for a/f gauges.

#3 mm88swrt

mm88swrt

oddball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • clatskanie, OR

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

It only has one wire for the input signal.

#4 zdriver123

zdriver123

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Sequim, Washington

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Your A/F readings will not be accurate without a Wideband O2 Sensor your meter will always bounce around like a metronome. If it was me I'd wait and install a dedicated Wideband and weld a bung into the downpipe just aft of the stock sensor and use both O2's.

#5 mm88swrt

mm88swrt

oddball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • clatskanie, OR

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

That was another option I was thinking, just running two 02 sensors. But my question would be is how to just hook the wideband up.

#6 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,920 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Hm well what make/model gauge do you have? I'm guessing the instructions will probably show how to do it. Some sensors I think have two wire output, so as to not use the noisy case ground to reference the o2 sensor output.

#7 mm88swrt

mm88swrt

oddball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • clatskanie, OR

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

216BFWAAFSM - Amber/White 52mm A/F Ratio Gauge - stepper motor . it's a prosport (older) premium series gauge. 5 wire set up. ground, acc, acc on, headlight switch and then on wire for the O2 signal. would this gauge work with a wideband O2? i've got no problem just installing another O2 if it's not a pain in the A$$.

Edited by mm88swrt, 27 November 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#8 zdriver123

zdriver123

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Sequim, Washington

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

http://prosportgauge...structions.aspx

Not sure which is yours but here's the archive of gauage wiring diagrams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users