Ultimate Subaru Message Board

a/f gauge install

so i've searched my socks off, and can't find anything on hooking up an a/f gauge on an ea82t with a single wire O2 sensor. i do know that the readings will not be super accurate but it will give me a refference to go off of untill i get all the fuel mods done. right now it is hooked up to the 45pin i believe off the ecu. this is the wire my book was telling me is the O2 wire. i also check it to make sure it was the wire i wanted. but i do not get any reading out of it. would it work to get wide band and hook it up and somehow use my single wire from the body harnes to hook up to it? if i could just get it to work with my single wire for now that would be fine with me.

Hm, your gauge, does it have two wires for input? If so I think you would need to connect one of the input wires to ground and the other to that single wire output from the oxygen sensor. Not sure how well it will work with a non-heated o2 sensor. Even if it does if that is a narrow band sensor I don't think those give a very useful output for a/f gauges.

216BFWAAFSM - Amber/White 52mm A/F Ratio Gauge - stepper motor . it's a prosport (older) premium series gauge. 5 wire set up. ground, acc, acc on, headlight switch and then on wire for the O2 signal. would this gauge work with a wideband O2? i've got no problem just installing another O2 if it's not a pain in the A$$.

Edited by mm88swrt