Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Did a 1986 EA82 come with a catalytic converter originally?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 oleman77

oleman77

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Farmington, N.M.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Does anyone know if back in 1986 a new GL would have come with a catalytic converter on it? I have a guy looking to buy mine but he has emissions he has to pass and he asked me if it came with it. I don't know for sure. Hoping one of you guys might know. Thanks fella's....pete

#2 -tombba-

-tombba-

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Finland

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

86' factory manual says that australia models had it but no indication that other versions had catalytic converter in factory manual. If it's carbed IT most likely did not have it and mpfi or turbo non australian models neither seems to have it.

#3 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,233 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

If your are in the US, yes it came with a converter on it.

#4 oleman77

oleman77

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Farmington, N.M.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

If your are in the US, yes it came with a converter on it.

I'm in US. Not sure what state it was originally purchased, but will go with that it came with one new. Thanks fella's....

#5 mdcc2010

mdcc2010

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Georgia

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

All 1983 and later USDM cars required cats regardless of whether or not they actually required one (CVCC Hondas, for example, had emissions below the EPA targets without one, which is why they didn't use one until cats were mandated).

#6 oleman77

oleman77

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Farmington, N.M.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

All 1983 and later USDM cars required cats regardless of whether or not they actually required one (CVCC Hondas, for example, had emissions below the EPA targets without one, which is why they didn't use one until cats were mandated).

Ok thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users