Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear end link nuts just spins the end link shaft, how to remove?

Is that the style with the hex key inside the head end? I think that's how it was on my '00obw but maybe H6 is different. It had like a recessed hex head in the bolt, it was kind of hard to see, like you had to pick off this little 'cover' or something. That was some years back now so I'm not recalling exactly ...

Is that the style with the hex key inside the head end? I think that's how it was on my '00obw but maybe H6 is different. It had like a recessed hex head in the bolt, it was kind of hard to see, like you had to pick off this little 'cover' or something. That was some years back now so I'm not recalling exactly ...

this ^

allen wrench inside the stud end, then turn the nut.

Ah ok it wasn't a dream then. I think mine snapped off but pretty much any small dia fastener on any of my soobs does that here in the rustiest of rust belts.

oh okay, it was dark and I was turning the nut without removing the wheel so I couldn't even see the end. thanks guys!

with the rust we have here (porcupine you get it!) i wonder if it will hold and break loose but hopefully something breaks!

Yes it wasn't obvious at first when I looked at it, I think the hex hole was so rusty I didn't even recongize there was anything there. Then I saw a rounded hole, then figured out it was a hex hole, then

Haha yes hopefully something breaks other than a tool! I think it sheared the bolt off pretty easily. I used to try to take my time and be really ginger with everything, now for fasteners that are easy to replace I just break them or cut them and then replace them.

Yes it wasn't obvious at first when I looked at it, I think the hex hole was so rusty I didn't even recongize there was anything there. Then I saw a rounded hole, then figured out it was a hex hole, then

Haha yes hopefully something breaks other than a tool! I think it sheared the bolt off pretty easily. I used to try to take my time and be really ginger with everything, now for fasteners that are easy to replace I just break them or cut them and then replace them.

I don"t play well with RUST :brow: new links are cheap!! My answer to rusty bolts-About 45 Seconds-:Flame::headbang: Done!!!

Hahah sometimes the sawzall works too :zzz: and a torch is very threatening!

Threatning?:lol: I think not kind Sirs!! I do not Threaten Rusty Bolts or any other Rusty P.O.S.:brow: I kindly kill them quick:clap: Now if it"s RUST REPAIR-IE-Floorboards,Rockers-kind of stuff then NO:Flame: Then comes out the noisy tools-cut off wheel,grinder and whatnot:cool: But Rusty Bolts and Whatnot-:Flame: It"s on!!!

I always used needle nose vice grips in between the socket of the link and the sway bar. You can usually grab the stem enough to get the nut off with an impact gun.

Be careful with the torch, you don't want to take the temper out of the swaybar's steel or it will break right where the link attaches later.

I always used needle nose vice grips in between the socket of the link and the sway bar. You can usually grab the stem enough to get the nut off with an impact gun.

Be careful with the torch, you don't want to take the temper out of the swaybar's steel or it will break right where the link attaches later.

Hey I like Owwies and Dogs oh sorry-Audi+Dodges The Bolts just break off!!