Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How do I fix this?

Mark light not on either..

I'd say this is a good point. Unless you know that that light is burnt out on that side, that should signal (to me anyways) that a new bulb probably won't be the solution. I would try putting a new bulb in there anyways, but I don't think that is it. I'd say something is up with the wiring that's affecting the side marker and the headlight. Unplug the headlight, stick a multimeter in the plug, and measure the volts when the headlight switch is turned on. Wouldn't hurt to measure the resistance either. I don't know what those values should be, but that would be a good place to start.

*EDIT* Actually, do the multimeter test on the passenger headlight too, to see what the values should be. Obviously the passenger side is working fine. If you get different volts and ohms between the two sides, then something is up with the wiring.

Edited by jj421

I've had 3 subs like that I replaced the plug with a junkyard plug its its just a bad connection or corrosion from the battery somewhere also my vw bus doses the same thing but its a tail light right next to the battery but never bothered to fix it

Edited by ferp420

headlight relay. theres two of em in a group of four above the fuseblock under the dash. run a google search. hth

Yes, that's what I thought.

I Kindly suggest you to do a Click on my Avatar and scroll down, you'll reach the Link to my "Relays Swap" Writeup, (How to Swap Original roundie Relays with Bosch Standards) is plenty of Photos.

Kind Regards.

I've had 3 subs like that I replaced the plug with a junkyard plug its its just a bad connection or corrosion from the battery somewhere also my vw bus doses the same thing but its a tail light right next to the battery but never bothered to fix it

Just wanted to update the thread. I found that if I wiggled the connector with the lights on, the headlight dimmed intermittently. I unplugged the light, cleaned the connections, and plugged it back in. As of now seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the input.

yes, available for free at your local pap, thats where i got mine. unfortunately for me, my problem was the relay. when i replaced the wiring tho , i left it long so i can put the headlight above the grill for whatever reason. might be useful for something (like checking lights by yourself when a wall isnt available)