Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Smiley..........

monstaru

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_6167_zpscc795df7.jpg

Also got the T-case all torn down(again) and cleaned-ish mostly. lol

Put it back together with the shift fork in the right direction! DOH!

And Ultra grey in lew of gaskets, as well as Assembly lube in ALL the places it needed it.hopefully.LOL

Should serve me well for a while.

Just threw the front diff up on the bench for the locker swap starting this week.

I have some timing belt assembly on the motor I hope to accomplish tomorrow.

cheers

I'm ready. Good to see progress, looking forward to that "pucker" look on your face as you finally get to wheel it thru some crazy shiz.

I have been wheeling since I was about 10yo in the desert and rocks, I may be new over here. But by far not new to the wheeling world.

Not to say I won't have the " O " face.. lol

It will be weird to be in a truck again though. Way higher off the ground than I have been in years<in the woods at least.

I can't wait either bro, I can't wait either. This football season has kept me away from the garage a lot. So , after we win next week I will be back at it a little more often.

cheers

Edited by monstaru
  • Like 1

Got some relays ordered.

Got the new timing components on, covers are sealed up.

Sensors are on the engine.

Swapped intakes to one I had from Uberoo's car. Man, Am I glad we took that engine out.LOl

I will give one back of the same vintage when He needs it.

It needs a custom bracket made for the power steering pump, which is for a Toyota hydro steer setup. That could be interesting.

For Air I have the choice of  2 Cadillac electric pumps, or a York oilless. Depends on if I can change the v belt pulley on the York or not.

I have a whole bunch of stuff to do .

But am plugging away.

cheers

Edited by monstaru
  • Like 2

alright.

So the dirtiness can almost commence again.

I am thinking that I want a stock Subaru color.

I think that a Colin tribute would be awwesome!

However, It might end up either ea81 Maroon, or Ea81 green.

The other thought was Old school landcruiser Mustard yellow.

Flat and or muted with no shine.

Could even go with a wrap. I knkow a couple of cats that do that type of stuff.....

I wonder....

what say ye interrnets?

lol

cheers

This is my Vote:

Because beside I like Yellow, the Dark Mustard Yellow without shine of the Old-School Landcruisers were very well fitted for an awesome & Serious offroading machine, like yours.

Kind Regards.

I wholeheartedly concur!

Something about that old school Toyota color, kinda screams "Warning!" without actually screaming it. 

shoot it in a two part epoxy base, that way, as it gets wrinkled (pushing the others out of the way), it won't ever chip or scratch. (and a black stripe somewhere...please give it a black stripe?)

Love what you are doing!

and usually I'm a purist when it comes to restorations, but this...this is a work of motherfreaking ART!

I love it and support your right (hell yeah, I said RIGHT!) to create such a creature!

Please...continue...

Admiringly,

Timothy

• Like 1

Everything is still up in the air. But I do love stripes, and the Landcruiser Yellow.

I also Do like Penelope maroon.

I am not spraying the car. I Have a good friend that is an amazing body guy, he will be doing some body work to the bed and spraying it for me when it reaches that point.

It will look good in the beginning LOL

cheers

• Like 1