Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Smiley..........

• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

#276 Tsuru

Tsuru

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Darby, Montana

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

This is my Vote:

Because beside I like Yellow, the Dark Mustard Yellow without shine of the Old-School Landcruisers were very well fitted for an awesome & Serious offroading machine, like yours.

Kind Regards.

I wholeheartedly concur!

Something about that old school Toyota color, kinda screams "Warning!" without actually screaming it. 

shoot it in a two part epoxy base, that way, as it gets wrinkled (pushing the others out of the way), it won't ever chip or scratch. (and a black stripe somewhere...please give it a black stripe?)

Love what you are doing!

and usually I'm a purist when it comes to restorations, but this...this is a work of motherfreaking ART!

I love it and support your right (hell yeah, I said RIGHT!) to create such a creature!

Please...continue...

Admiringly,

Timothy

#277 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,399 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:58 AM

Everything is still up in the air. But I do love stripes, and the Landcruiser Yellow.

I also Do like Penelope maroon.

I am not spraying the car. I Have a good friend that is an amazing body guy, he will be doing some body work to the bed and spraying it for me when it reaches that point.

It will look good in the beginning LOL

cheers

#278 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,150 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

1979-uk-3.jpg

1975-c.jpg

1974-2-a.jpg1974-2-c.jpg

#279 Mugs

Mugs

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • Spokane & Hobart, Wa.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

I like the new land cruiser drab green that is on the new FJ's. I think its pretty sick. I might do my OBS in a color like it.

Like this color here.

Edited by Mugs, 19 February 2014 - 06:30 PM.

#280 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,399 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

I will be hanging out with my buddy this Saturday. Plenty of time to talk about paint and such. :)

I also have been doing more on the electrical panel.

I bought a cannon style bulkhead connector and tool to make it a skosch easier.

Should work out proper.

cheers

#281 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,391 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

This needs to be moved to Subaru P0rN,yesterday.Everything is so smexy!!!EJ powered yota-check,Tube front end-check,subaru grill-check,licence plate dash-check...

Fap,Fap,FaP....... :)

#282 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,399 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

This needs to be moved to Subaru P0rN,yesterday.Everything is so smexy!!!EJ powered yota-check,Tube front end-check,subaru grill-check,licence plate dash-check...

Fap,Fap,FaP....... :)

Why yes, yes it is. :)

I feel blessed to be working on this. I could never imagine that my mediocre dreams could work out. The fact that I have been able to gather all the tools needed, and the experience of teaching myself how to do it really means A LOT to me.

There are certain things I can not obviously take credit for, Like a windshield, Or signal lenses . etc. But the fact that I have taken the time to appreciate what I would like to build is priceless to me.

I may have been able to make the short shifter, but I did purchase one from LC Eng. BUT I built everything I could with My meager supply of tools.

When I am done I feel I will have a Solid wheeler. :}

Cheers

It will kick rump roast and take names.

#283 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,109 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

Dec 012 is when this thread got started. . . I'm so ready for you to kick my rump roast on the trails.

#284 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,631 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

... The fact that I have been able to gather all the tools needed, and the experience of teaching myself how to do it really means A LOT to me...

I Agree, it is a Wonderful feeling...

Also it is Awesome that you shared all the built Process with photos here to all of us, Somehow it is a way to be with you along the process, despite the distance... I can't wait to see this great beast climbing on the mountains!

Kind Regards.

#285 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,399 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

I cleaned a bunch of stuff up in the shop.

I meowed a seal yesterday. I will be going to get one today. I then can assemble the clutch stuff, mount the bell housing again, get the t-case up in there, put some elbow grease on her and remount the engine so I can start running wires to see where I am at.

That's done now.

I reckon I should start worrying about trying to mount the radiator.I t looks daunting really . Especially with the hood on, and very little room to wiggle with.

I guess we will see.

lol

#286 RustyBrat

RustyBrat

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 699 posts
  • Cascade Idaho

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

im sorry but... you "meowed" a seal yesterday? what in the world does that mean?

#287 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,399 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

im sorry but... you "meowed" a seal yesterday? what in the world does that mean?

Fawkered, scee-rewed, hornswaggled ,

was suppose to read as maowed a seal. like , munched , also in reference to me writing this right meow.

A joke.

#288 RustyBrat

RustyBrat

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 699 posts
  • Cascade Idaho

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

ahh... i kinda figured something like that but you never can be sure

#289 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,399 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

Did get the hood set up on there, have more room to move the radiator around than I thought.
I am trying to keep the winch as far back as possible.
So I will try an get things lined up proper where I would actually like them this week.

Also have to see how everything else is going to fit. dash , electrical panel, gauges, trans tunnel etc.

I need to cut a hole for the starter.
cheers

Edited by monstaru, 03 March 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#290 obk25xt

obk25xt

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • La Center, WA

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

Less yap-yap and more tap-tap..... ;)

#291 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,399 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:14 AM

Less yap-yap and more tap-tap..... ;)

you are SOO right! lol

Beentap tapping away yo.... :)

#292 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,399 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

IMG_6179_zps443146b6.jpg

Had to see how the shtuff was gonna work. Thats an LC engineering short shift kit up front there, and my own Toyota twin sticks.

IMG_6180_zps6225a917.jpg

Better shot of the homemade twinsticks.

IMG_6181_zpsf465fda9.jpg
Topshot.
IMG_6179_zps443146b6.jpg

[URL=http://s61.photobucket.com/user/monstaru/media/Toyota%20stuff/IMG_6182_zpsaedd2c8d.jpg.html]

It is either going here, or above our heads. There is definitely room up there.
But that would elongate the wiring causing me to have to already upgrade when I have almost all of what I need for the entire truck....

Anyways.
cheers

Edited by monstaru, 06 March 2014 - 11:34 PM.

#293 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,391 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

so which one do you favor more? the porter or the pbr? :) Now you just need a keg or two for a gas tank.

#294 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,150 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:35 AM

I would opt for NOT above your heads. getting out of the vehicle when its upside down could be painful with switches and metal box corners to deal with...  :)

#295 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,399 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:22 AM

so which one do you favor more? the porter or the pbr? :) Now you just need a keg or two for a gas tank.

Have  A KEG  for a cooler I am working on. No fuel tank for me.

cheers

#296 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,399 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

I would opt for NOT above your heads. getting out of the vehicle when its upside down could be painful with switches and metal box corners to deal with...  :)

The reason for the roof placement is obviously water.
I have a habit of drowning stuff.
I would need to keep it running for only a minute, but then I would be able to remove the box if it got in the way. It will be removeable.
Good thoughts.
cheers

#297 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,399 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

And , I drank about 12 new beers last week alone. But I will ALWAYS have a soft spot for PBR.
cheers

#298 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,150 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

I would need to keep it running for only a minute, but then I would be able to remove the box if it got in the way. It will be removeable.
Good thoughts.
cheers

hmm.  now a fully removable switch box would be awesome!  then you could actually build it for both ways.  just have an extension cable to roof mount it when in wet terrain...  :) 

nice idea on the box.  I have an old first aid kit metal box.  might be something I can re-purpose it for!

#299 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,109 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

I avoid the deep water. Had my fill, pardon the pun. I stick to trails now. I try to keep it wheel side down, but like Mick said, it could be a danger in a roll over. Good tight seat belts?

#300 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,399 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

I avoid the deep water. Had my fill, pardon the pun. I stick to trails now. I try to keep it wheel side down, but like Mick said, it could be a danger in a roll over. Good tight seat belts?

it has harnesses, and full suspension seats from PRP racing. I am not worried about hitting it WHEN I flop, I will  most likely wear a helmet almost all the time anyways.

cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users