Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Smiley..........

monstaru

About This...

...WHEWW LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, BOYS AND GIRLS.THE WORLDS(MAYBE)FIRST SUBARU ENGInE INTO A TOYOTA TRUCK!!!

Connected...

IMG_5789_zps24f83442.jpg

Just about axactly the space I need for the header.( I put the block there to keep the engine "flat".

IMG_5790_zpse186cfd9.jpg

...So, You're "Subarooing" a Toyota Pick Up? ... Very Kindly let me tell you: WOW!

The Custom Work you've done is far beyond Awesome:) 

I've installed 22R 'yota engines in a Chevrolet Blazer Before...

IMG1993A.jpg

...But that is Changin' a V6 for an inline engine; 

but doing such a Swap you're doing requires Patience, Knowledge and High Skills; 

Can't wait to see Videos of the Final Product.

Kind Regards.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I made some progress on the t-case crossmember over the last couple weeks.

Got the holes drilled in the main beam for access to the transfer case mount.

IMG_5979_zps3d909c02.jpg[/url]

I don't have a vice to speak of anymore, nor torches here at the howdy, so I had to get creative bending the fishplating for the frameside bushing mounts.

IMG_5981_zps4ec19295.jpg

I used the old bumper lol

An overall of where I was kinda at yesterday before I started.

IMG_5983_zps70929eeb.jpg

Then adding some fishplate, and rear mounts , so that I can put a skidplate on.

IMG_5986_zpsf87c4cdc.jpg

IMG_5985_zpsa7c47a8e.jpg

The 2" strap ended up on the floor as I was not able to get the bolts out to take the crossmember off.

I was going to use it in conjunction with some angle iron for the rear mounting surface, but just ended up slapping some angle iron in there...

While I was gone this week the bushing mounts I wanted came in, along with my new 4 rib PS pump pulley, some hood latches , and some new Toyota rear T- case output flange nuts(these happen to be the same as Suzuki output nuts in case ya didna know that.)

IMG_5987_zps7c196b65.jpg

Got the mounts all latched together, and went to town on'em.

IMG_5988_zps0fa69c87.jpg

Then she brought me out some Break/FAST for dinner. Applebutter on grain bread, farm fresh eggs,with applesausage potatoes. MMMMMMMM LOL

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h56/monstaru/Toyota%20stuff/IMG_5989_zps440bd7b2.jpg

So got everything lined up in the truck then took her out and started finish welding her.This is what I have after last night.

IMG_5991_zpsf1a3631e.jpg

IMG_5996_zps77d037c5.jpg

I still need to gusset the drivers side rearward tube mount to the main beam, and make the skid plate.

It looks kinda wonky at the rear mounts because it is. I am utilizing the old t-case mounts for a dual case setup back there, and the person who put them in did so in a non congruent fashion...lol So they are not pretty but will work.

This whole setup is all up between the frame rails except the bottom plate of 3/8ths.

cheers

Edited by monstaru

• 2 weeks later...

:popcorn:

About the time you're done with this, I should have my Toy sold and should be in my new ride.   Hoping to get rid of both the Toy and the imp to have what I want.  Ain't got time to build, gonna buy the hell out of it  lol   Secretmobile take 10 or something.  

• Like 1

:popcorn:

About the time you're done with this, I should have my Toy sold and should be in my new ride.   Hoping to get rid of both the Toy and the imp to have what I want.  Ain't got time to build, gonna buy the hell out of it  lol   Secretmobile take 10 or something.  

Secrets SUCK!!! Tell more......

• Like 1

Well, ANYONE can buy a Jeep. Now lets see how you build it :)

I am getting closer, but this damn work thing keeping me away weeks at Time is really hindering the build time LOL

Besides, mine is not for daily driving. Not even close.

When I want to go that route , I will get an LJ. It's wheelbase is a skosch longer than the TJ, but not as long as the JK.

Anyways, I will be working on the truck again next weekend when I get back from my business trip.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got some stuff done .But did not get it all done.

I have to go back and fix a couple of clearance issues.

But I pulled her out into the sun today.

IMG_6019_zps6037fe1b.jpg

IMG_6022_zpsd406c3e6.jpg

Thats how the day began......

Then I burned a whole bunch of spoob in....

i'll get more pics when I can....

cheers

IMG_6028_zps414fada5.jpg

Welp.

The long weekend ends with a mostly welded chassis front .I still have to final weld the transfercase crossmember mounts.

I took out the windshield so I can eventually  weld the inside cab stuff from the addition. And lets face it, Who knows if another will go in..LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I would say that you should come down so you can "feel" it , but that would sound sexual, dysfunctional and weird.

LOL

So, when ya comin down?

LOL

Don't know why you can't see the pics. MAybe you'll be able to see tha ones that I will post later on today.

Gonna go to the junkyard today and see if I can rustle up a complete EJ harness front to back.

I am in hopes that she looks cool, and most of all is functional, I've never trusted so much of my welding to one large project. LOL