Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Leggy Clutch Disk for GL-10?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 808 posts
  • Fresno

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

If it ain't one thing, it's another. The Clutch on Murphy the 87 T Wag is starting to slip. I do have a spare clutch plate from the 94 Legacy Alpine wagon. Does anyone know if they are compatible?

PS. The spare plate is in very good condition. The last time I pulled the engine on Red, I pre-ordered the clutch assy. I forgot that I had installed a new clutch assy, when I bought the car a couple of years prior. I could have sent the new kit back, but decided to install it and have the other for a spare.

Edited by Sonicfrog, 02 December 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,139 posts
  • WA

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

I used a early Imp clutch disc on my RX before I swapped everything. The pressure plate wont bolt up tho, but you can still use the disc

#3 -tombba-

-tombba-

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Finland

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

That's intresting. I may just have to fins a better EJ series clutch disc for me now :)

#4 Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 808 posts
  • Fresno

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

I was planning on using the current P plate anyway.

PS.. My other PS. should have read "PS. The spare clutch disk is in very good condition." Derp.

PPS. I probably ought to check the play in the clutch cable first. I forget it's not hydraulic and I'm realizing i haven't adjusted that in quite a while. It just started to rain though, so that won't happen until tomorrow I suppose.

Edited by Sonicfrog, 02 December 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#5 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,469 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Some EJ discs have larger springs in them. These larger springs will rub against the tops of your Flywheel bolt heads.

I have no way of distinguishing which are like this by model or type. But I have experienced it.

Best to test fit first. With the flywheel installed, put the disc flat against the face, and try to spin it......check that it isn't hitting any of the boltheads.

#6 Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 808 posts
  • Fresno

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

It was just a clutch adjustment. But good info on the leggy disk. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users