Ultimate Subaru Message Board

15" Pug Alloys - '92 Loyale 4x4

Wheel info: 15 inch, 6Jx15 FH-H25

Hey, I just picked up these alloys, planning on fitting it to my '92 loyale 4x4. I put one up against my right rear and noticed the diameter of the center bore didn't match the drum brake casing. I don't have pug lug nuts so I didn't even try to torque it down but the clearance looked very tight either way. I haven't tried lining up the front yet.

I'm sure many people on this site know exactly what modifications are required. Honestly I haven't done the usual research, today I just randomly came across these pug rims locally and remembered the 140mm bolt pattern fits our subies! They look cool so I went and picked them up without thinking. Good or bad impulse buy?

Here is a picture of them: http://postimage.org/image/n3kfsj0yj/

Any help would be appreciated especially with a good fitting tire size. My wagon is stock height btw.

Cheers,

Jeff

I have 2 sizes on mine, one pair is 6 inch wide, the other set is 5.5 inches wide. mine are 14's and yours look like 15s so idk if its similar.

the 5.5's hit 4 pegs on the front hub, and they hit the center ring of the brake drum in the back. both are just barely and they torque down fine. I have them on the back right now.

the 6 inch wide ones have no clearance issues.

I had no issues front or back with my pugs on my EA82.

I ran 195/60/15 tires :D I loved those... I could take corners that felt shakey at 60 at 85 and still feel stable.... They did great off-road too, though I didnt jump it, I did hit a bump offroad and made the rears rub... but I also have blown suspension on my car :horse:

NedMudtoday2.jpg

NedMudtoday.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on my car for others thinking of doing this. I've cleaned up the Peugeot 504 alloys and spray bombed them flat black. I picked up some almost new 205/70/15 snow and mud tires for a wicked cheap price and got them mounted and balanced.

In the next few days I should receive 16 brand new plated pug lugs thanks to Dan (4x4brat) to mount these wheels properly and safely. Also in the mail, or stuck in customs, a 2" boss lift thanks to Bill (the beast i drive).

Next mod may be a rear disk brake conversion, unfortunately the local subaru junker (Saltair in Ladysmith) just scrapped all their cars two weeks before I bought this car!

Here is a picture of what it should look like when the lift is installed, only more level I hope: :cool: 2012_12_19_17_01_48.jpg

2012_12_19_17_02_02.jpg

Edited by Jeff88DL

I didn't see any mention about the lug nuts yet.

You must use Pug lug nuts, the seat is curved not just a straight taper like typical lugs. Hard to source if you don't have them. I got a couple on eBay once from France which were different but more workable than anything else I could find..

I bought 3 sets of 15" pug rims from a guy once, drove a few hours to meet him in colorado. I used the other style on my Brat, but I like the style you are using the best.

I didn't see any mention about the lug nuts yet.

You must use Pug lug nuts, the seat is curved not just a straight taper like typical lugs. Hard to source if you don't have them. I got a couple on eBay once from France which were different but more workable than anything else I could find..

Check out this thread: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49131&highlight=official

Read through the pages and then contact 4x4Brat who produces proper fitting lug nuts for these alloys. They are about $6.00/ea.

Mine are in the mail though my 2" lift kit was installed today and it looks awesome.