Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally got a new exhaust

I finally got a new exhaust system on Ol' KC, no more Ghetto car with rotted out exhaust.

last week I put new tires on it, and a trailer hitch, and this week I got a new exhaust from the cat back, they went all the way with 2.25 pipe to the magnaflow muffler, it's got a nice mellow boxer sound now, and surprisingly, it has more oomph to, the car's not near as sluggish as it used to be.

I was going to have them put a cherry bomb where the resonator was supposed to go, but decided not to, to save a little money, and after driving the car this afternoon, I don't think it needs one, it sounds great just the way it is.

between the exhaust and the new tires and wheels, it's like a whole nother ride :D

post-39623-136027661497_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stubies Subie

Mmmm. That setup brings back some nice momeries :D It has to sound god too ! I had very similar setup in my turbo wagon altought it had 2,5" pipe size.

I think it sounds real good, with the torque cam grind it got when the engine was resealed, that exhaust gives it a nice boxer rumble, it's not loud and annoying but it's there if you take a listen for it :D

whaa-whooo!, that exhaust did wonders for my little Subie, I'm no longer the last one to leave a traffic light after it turns green,

and ...now Y'all ain't gonna believe this, ...

On my way to work today, I passed a Fiat 500, cus he was driven to slow, we come around this corner, I shifted into second, hit the straight away ...floored it, shifted it to third, and waved by-by to the Fiat as I went scoot'en on by.

and when it comes to pulling the trailer, .. we got this hill on the highway that leads up to the road you turn on to get to our new house, and it's got a passing lane ....hehehe ... I can pull that hill all they way to the top in 4th gear and the car holds her own.

going to a 2.25 inch exhaust made an incredible difference in performance, all I can say is ....wow, I really like driving that car now :D

Sounds awesome! I'd like to be saying that to the way it actually sounds though, too! Get a video perhaps? That'd be cool. :cool:

I might be able to get a video of it 4 wheeling out in the cow pasture, I got this old turn of the century garage that's at the other end of the property about a half mile from the house and I've been hauling stuff to it with the trailer towed by the subaru, through the mud and I ain't got stuck yet :D

it's so muddy down there I'm afraid to take my truck because if the truck gets stuck, it's gonna be really stuck, at least if the Subaru gets stuck, we can pull it out with the tractor, if the truck gets stuck, it's probably gonna stay stuck till spring

Edited by Stubies Subie

• 2 months later...