Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ill start off first saying, i know it's a very big no no to do this and, yes i boosted a 11:1 ish hybrid franken moter with no management all stock internals and a ea tiny turbo and am running 5psi and im not looking for criticism about what could happen or anything, just sharing. I did a ghetto methanol/water injection using the washer tank and a pressure switch spaying before the compressor on turbo in hope of it mixing better and i get full boost at 2k so lag is almost non existent Ive been daily driving for a few months now over 2k miles and it produces a very clean feeling power to 6500 no fuel cuts or detonation signs and i mash ALL the time on it:brow:, im running all 92 ej22e engine control, just thought i would share

High compression and forced induction don't usually get used together because of the sheer amount of heat created by the combustion. It tends to melt things.

If you can cool the incoming air enough you can avoid some of the damage. The biggest thing is keeping combustion temperature down which is usually done by enriching the fuel/air mixture. If the ECU can adjust the mixture enough it could be fine.

How are outside air temps in your area?