Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I wonder?

AD6

I've seen a number of pictures of lowered wagons. Haven't read anything on how to do it, but I've seen it done.

I know I wouldn't lower my wagon because, 1) there isn't much ground clearance stock, and 2) that would take away any offroading ability from my car.

theres been a few people who have lowered thier subarus,

are we talking about a EA81 car? or EA82?

if its ea81 you need some lowering springs for the front and you need to "reclock" the torsen bar in the back.

which means taking off the rear suspension and pulling it apart and putting it back together one or 2 teeth lower from where it was. I have never done this but once you start looking at it it will make sense.

if its an ea82 you just need lowering springs. honda coil over sleeves off ebay work good and they're cheap as hell.

I've seen a number of pictures of lowered wagons. Haven't read anything on how to do it, but I've seen it done.

I know I wouldn't lower my wagon because, 1) there isn't much ground clearance stock, and 2) that would take away any offroading ability from my car.

Not much into the offroading, building mine for running the touge.

I have a EA81, I have been trying to find springs but cant seem to find any. Any websites that have them? Thanks for any help in advance

Nothing specific for that vehicle

Rear suspension is torsion bar, so you'll have to disable/declock those. And then fab in some sort of coilover shock like from an EA82 car. It's been done, but it's not terribly simple.

You're Welcome! :)

I will like to see Photos of your Subaru, could you post some?

Especially if you do the Lowering.

Kind Regards.

Yeah I will have some photos up by tomorrow. The lowering wont be done for a couple weeks. Also I have been reading that you can use Honda civic coilovers, anyone done this?

Pooparu's hatch?

That would be the one.

I have an '85 Brat that I will be lowering.

Its not gonna be "stanced" or "dumped", just trying to make it look a little more sporty.

I will be using ea81 FWD struts and springs up front, ea81 FWD shocks in the rear, and I will un-clock the torsion bar either one or two teeth depending on where the front is height-wise.

I was thinking of just using cut springs up front along with the FWD struts, but it might make the car sit a little lower than what is practical with road conditions around here.