Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will 92 Legacy wagon seats bolt into my 95 Legacy wagon?

My 92 got backed into by a township leaf collection truck and I am trying to salvage what I can. Apart from the seats, should I be pulling anything else that's is rare or hard to find from the 92 for my 95? So sad, I JUST got it to stop leaking oil... First time it ever wouldn't start was the morning after it was hit..... BOOOOOO.

That really sucks.

Keep the engine, too. Because if it ever comes to it, you can put that in your 95. Or sell it for decent money.

The seats will bolt in, all EJ seats swap up to something like 08.

That doesn't mean they'll sit at the right height or the seatbelt will fit into the clip, though. But they will bolt in. It's easy to swap seats out, so swap them in and see if you like how they sit.

i would save any ''new'' parts you may have installed recently. lots of parts will swap, but there are lots that will not.

if both have ABS, or not, the wheel hubs will swap.

probably the axles

engine will

trans may, you will need to double check the final drive ratio.

rear diff will if the ratio matches

rear brakes will if they are both discs.

not sure about the front brakes, but probably.

alt

ps pump

maybe AC compressor, they used 2 kinds so maybe

wheels

tires

front shocks

radiator maybe

cam sensor

crank sensor

o2 sensor

parts of the exhaust

key locks probably

ignition key switch will

radio should

and seats

(not a complete list)

none of the exterior body panels or interior trim will swap

Edited by johnceggleston

Yeah, the engine (160,mi) was running great before thhe accident. After, we were able to drive it home, but when I went to start it the next morning, it was starved for gas. It thudded up enough to fix it's position in the driveway, but sounded horrible. The radiator shield was pushed into the a/c pulley, but I pried that away before we left the scene. It isn't leaking anything, but I can't imagine trying to repair it. Hood, radiator fan and all the bracing in between are toast.

Thanks for all the info, I bought one with the same engine hoping when one died, the other could benefit.

For what this info may be worth, I swapped front seats from a 97 OBW into a 99 OBW. Yea, it was an easy bolt in, but the seat belt buckle unit was slightly different, even though they looked at first to be the same. It was easy to swap old buckle receiver onto new seats. It was something I hadn't figured would be a problem. So, check your seat belt buckle to buckle receiver compatibility.

I have a pair of "mouse furs" out of a 91 I think legacy in my 96. They bolt in perfect.

If your 92 had the automatic belts you might want to drill the rivet out and remove the hook thing that the belt passes through.

You will need to keep the buckles from your 95 and swap those into the 92 seats.

Hey guys, thanks for even more insight. The 92 does how auto belts and there is a clip for the lap belt on the door side. The 95 seats do not have any holders at all. Also, the 92 drivers side has a "lift" lever on it that allows for height adjustment, but I do not think that will be an issue, the 92 had a low overhead due to the sun roof (boy, will I miss that) and the 95 is 2-3 inches taller.

Other things I am harvesting: trailer hitch and the 15" tires to replace the 14's. I don't think I want to keep it around for parts > non-working cars equal wife agro. I think I will part out the rest. I drove a Vanaru (83 Adventurewagon) cross country a couple years back and I'd love to see this motor get transplanted for that purpose.

The adjuster was out yesterday to look at the damage on the 92, he didn't even lift the hood (where, IMO, ALL the damage occurred!) but, I am not surprised. On a 20 yo car, it's hard to get the "value" across.