Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

hi guys

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 legacywaggin

legacywaggin

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ithaca, NY

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

hey everybody my name is gordon im 21 and i go to school at ithaca college in new york but i live in vermont. have been lurking on this forum for a while but finally got some outback struts in my 98 legacy wagon and scored some forester wheels on craigslist so i have been goin wheeling in some nearby state lands. need to get some action shots but here she is

http://imageshack.us...img0024ztj.jpg/

http://imageshack.us.../img0032sy.jpg/

now i have four lights on the front. im thinking of a new muffler and maybe a skidplate or push bar if i can find something at a junkyard

any suggestions on some loud mufflers that i can slip on and clamp without having to weld?

#2 AdventureSubaru

AdventureSubaru

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • Scotts Valley, CA

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Loud mufflers without welding = cordless drill. Just put a few holes in your stock one - or your pipes and you'll get plenty of noise. :brow:

Nice looking car. How much lift did you get swapping in the struts?

#3 legacywaggin

legacywaggin

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ithaca, NY

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

haha theres an idea!

struts alone probably gave me 1.5 or 2 inches, then the bigger tires gave me at least another inch. looking to maybe make some half inch spacers or something to pick up the rear from sagging.

since it has a 4at and the awd is actually 90% torque in the front most of the time, im going to do the solenoid bypass mod to install a switch that makes it close to a 50/50 split for when im rallyin on back roads or in deep snow.
originally saw on a forester forum but a good thread is here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users