Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ 2.2 conversion

Hi folks. Say, I'm about ready to start the conversion on my 88 GL 10 T. I have pulled the full front loom from a 93 Leggy., tho' i'm seriously considering buying one already converted, for the time issue. Also planning to buy the bell housing adapter. I have a good fly wheel, and am sure I can handle that mod. I have a 2.2 turbo engine sittin' on the shop floor, I've pulled the heads and they look good. The cyl. bores still have a nice cross hatch in them. Does anyone know if the numbers on top of the bell housing adapter on the 2.2 indicate the year of manf., the # is 8527028511793. I thot the 93 at the end mite make it a 93 model. I picked up a Fel-pro head set with the MLS head gskts., and their lower end kit. The engine is clean as a whistle and looks to be fairly low miles, should go back together pretty easily. Also, the wiring loom I pulled and the ECU are non turbo units, but I'm already runnin' manual boost and fuel pres. controllers on the 1.8. Do you see this being a problem, or will I need to find a Leg. turbo ECU (hard to find I'm told) or maybe a Mega squirt? Thanks for your assistance. S.