Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Im having a similar problem. a friend said that she used an ionizer on an old motor home and it killed it all in 24 hours. so I am going to try it. had my 84 parked at a farm and the chickens pecked off the little gasket to the rear windshield wiper. took me days to figure out how it was leaking. parked it on a hill in a 5 day torrential downpour, and water had run all the way to passenger side floor, about 2 inches deep. try drying that out in Oregon. car just reeks of mildew so bad I am ready for a divorce.

get an Ozone generator. places that rent tools, lifts, and such have them. You can also rent them online. Get one, plug it in and let it run in your car all night long. Have the floor matts out so they aren't covering the carpet, glove box and center console open, windows shut. I pull everything out of the car that i can easily and then also try to run the car for an hour or so with the vents on so it's cycling through all the HVAC.

stuff works amazing.