Ultimate Subaru Message Board

six lug conversion?

Although some people get tired of seing the same posts over and over again, starting your own thread is great for introductions and a good place to ask specific questions once you start on the project. I encourage all new members to go through the learning process. Also, be sure to check out the 'Similar Threads' Feature at the bottom of this thread, it will surely take you where you want to go :)

I agree. If you don't like the thread, don't read it and don't respond to it. The search function doesn't always give you what you want, and a lot of the threads are somewhat inconclusive.

Obviously, he's not so new that he didn't know the 6 lug conversion exists. And therefore he must also know there are tons of posts that go on at great length on how to do it, and the pro's/con's. It was thus apparent that he needed to be made aware of the search function. Besides that, the conversion is so simple that a monkey with a drill could probably do it. One only has to LOOK at the car with a wheel off, to see what has to be done. This isn't rocket science.

GD

Eh, yeah, right. I need to post a pic of my hub of shame. I tried to drill it and ended up with some off center holes and not the best result. Took it to the machine shop and had them index, drill and spline them for me. So apparently, a monkey with a drill can do it where a rocket scientist failed. DOH!