Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am looking for any, even used but working, keyless entry remotes, that someone might have laying around that they may not have a use for anymore. The ones i am looking for are either the older style, like these, for the 99-04 cars, Or the newer style. I have attached pics of what i am looking for.

I have tried Ebay, which i don't really like anyway, but all i seem to find are expensive ones, and the dealer wants over $80 each, and i am looking to get at least 3 of them, so if you have any laying around let me know, as well as how much you are asking for them, with shipping to zip code 14801.

post-21971-136027661745_thumb.jpg

post-21971-136027661759_thumb.jpg

The older style is no longer available from Subaru; it's been replaced by the tear-drop shaped one that you've posted. I bought one of the tear-drop versions from Jason in parts at Auburn Subaru (now Mike Scarf Subaru); his internet discount brought the price down to under $50 if I remember correctly. You could see what the cost is for one and then continue your search for more on ebay and/or craigslist. Toll free number is 1-866-five two eight-528-two.

The real trick is programming it to work with your car. I spent hours and couldn't get the timing quite right to make it work. My son tried and got it first time; go figure.

An after thought, besides ebay and craigslist you might search on Amazon.com