Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ea81t factory manual questions

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 turbosubarubrat

turbosubarubrat

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 1,007 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

im going to buy a manual for my 83 turbo wagon and want to know if this http://www.ebay.com/...b20befd&vxp=mtrhas everything i need/want in it. i want it to cover all the stuff for the motor and wiring, the reason why im asking is it says supplement. any help would be great and thank you in advance also marry christmas.

#2 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 8,824 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

It's just a supplement. I have it.

Covers the differences in the Turbo models.

Alot of info, like body wiring for everything except the engine, Suspension, Transmission info, clutch info.......is in the 83 FSM this supplements.

If you are working on an ea81t, it's gonna be worth having. But you are gonna need something else to guide you through all but the engine stuff.

#3 turbosubarubrat

turbosubarubrat

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 1,007 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

so is there a full version that covers all the turbo models? i have a haynes 1980-1989 covers very little, larrry owens cover some, chiltons 1970-84 covers the most of the turbo i have, and factory service manual printed in 1979 that covers everything 1600 and 1800 but not turbo.

#4 Crazyeights

Crazyeights

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 883 posts
  • PNW

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

I have both the '83 FSM (needs the supplement for Turbo specific data) and the '84 FSM contains everything without needing the supplement. The parts catalogs are similar, '83 covers all but the EA81T and the '84 parts catalog has everything.

I would be willing to look up some things for you if you get stuck, don't have the time to scan large passages though.

Good Luck!

#5 turbosubarubrat

turbosubarubrat

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 1,007 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

I have both the '83 FSM (needs the supplement for Turbo specific data) and the '84 FSM contains everything without needing the supplement. The parts catalogs are similar, '83 covers all but the EA81T and the '84 parts catalog has everything.

I would be willing to look up some things for you if you get stuck, don't have the time to scan large passages though.

Good Luck!

ok thanks to you both. im going to get a 84 factory manual if it has all the turbo stuff. now im off to ebay to get one:headbang:

#6 turbosubarubrat

turbosubarubrat

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 1,007 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

im thinking of this one one http://www.ebay.com/...d=220934908361
thoughts?

#7 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,752 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Those will be very helpful on most '84s and you will need them for the basic info on many operations. However, neither one will have a ton of info on EA81Ts.

There are two supplements to look for, one for mechanical and one for electrical. Those are the manuals that really hold all the secrets.

#8 naru

naru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,745 posts
  • under the bridge

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Those will be very helpful on most '84s and you will need them for the basic info on many operations. However, neither one will have a ton of info on EA81Ts.

There are two supplements to look for, one for mechanical and one for electrical. Those are the manuals that really hold all the secrets.

The electrical supplement does not hold any "secrets".
It holds hardly any useful information at all.

You want an 84 FSM.

#9 turbosubarubrat

turbosubarubrat

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 1,007 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

i bought the 84 factory manual yesterday and it comes with the electrical manual also it came with free shipping:banana: so payed $63 which is a fair price for how hard these are to find

#10 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,752 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

The electrical supplement does not hold any "secrets".
It holds hardly any useful information at all.

You want an 84 FSM.

Yes, but he is looking to use it on an EA81T. The 84 FSM does NOT, to the best of my memory, cover any EA81T-specific wiring diagrams.

If he had a regular old carb'd wagon, yeah the standard FSM is all he needs.

#11 naru

naru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,745 posts
  • under the bridge

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Yes, but he is looking to use it on an EA81T. The 84 FSM does NOT, to the best of my memory, cover any EA81T-specific wiring diagrams.

If he had a regular old carb'd wagon, yeah the standard FSM is all he needs.

Check those memory banks.
84 FSM HAS EA-81T wiring diagram,trouble codes,ECU pinout etc.
It is all I use for mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users