Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need info on pressure plates asap!

so i just installed a clutch on my loyale, and it doesnt feel right. the clutch disk is right, but i think the PP is wrong. the clutch cable is nearly bottomed out, and when i push on the clutch, it only has a short bit of travel and then feels like it hits a wall, and im just stretching the clutch cable. it also slips when cold, but grabs when warm.

it bolted up to the flywheel just fine, so it has to be an EA PP, but i think the installed height of the teeth might have something to do with it.

im tearing it out right now in my garage, pics soon...

btw the clutch was a brute power 4wd kit from rock auto. i bought it because the disk has more dampening springs than the other kits.

so, USMB, spill post what you know and pics if you have them on EA pressure plate differences. maybe they gave me an EA81 PP.

ok, update... got the other plate out and the original back in. the teeth were sucked all the way down, and when removed, the original one was shorter and had a different ID of the teeth.

in the end, it made a difference of about at least a 5/8" on the clutch cable, from nearly bottomed out adjustment, to a perfectly acceptable range on the cable.

so, lesson learned. drink less while working late. you miss little things that have you doing a clutch on xmas.

Edited by maozebong