Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

can't find an EA 82 oil pump?1985 GL 10

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 subarusaver

subarusaver

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Tennessee

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

1985 GL 10 only 252,000 miles !!! I LOVE MY SUBARU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clean 10-30 castrol/a little lucas to help,and a Purolator oil filter....Starts GREAT!! not much compression left though.Still runs great...
NOW,
I think i need an oil pump for my subie, It's been sittin for a good while now because the lifters started ticking...they fade in and out at various rpms.For instance, at 2000 rpms, they get quiet for a minute, then start to tick again,then get quiet........I purchased the gaskets for the oil pump from Subaru for about $20. pretty cheap...The oil pump WAS available for $131. until I got the $ this month, then they ALL dissapeared from the face of the earth!! Subaru has one I can get for $175. TOO MUCH!!!! Can I just re-seal the existing pump? is it time to save for a re-man engine?

Thanks in advance!!

#2 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,106 posts
  • WA

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Weird, even Rockauto doesnt show a listing.

#3 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,921 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

Another known good used one and move the seals over might be best bet.

#4 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

$175 is pretty reasonable really. EJ pumps cost about the same if not a bit more. I think last I checked my price on an EA82 pump at the dealer was somewhere around $145ish for the one with the pressure sender and like $115 for the idiot light pump. You can put your sender in the idiot light pump and it will work just fine.

That's pretty much par for the course on engine parts.

If you're going to drive old cars - best be putting money aside each month for repairs. In the Subaru world the dealer is often the only source but their prices are (fortunately) pretty reasonable.

If you want cheap parts I suggest a SBC. Super cheap parts. Mileage generally sucks though.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder, 27 December 2012 - 01:48 AM.

#5 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,673 posts
  • WV

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

wow, what happened for the price to go up like that?

$111.00 here:
http://www.fcpimport...ale-xt-028-0338

the job isn't that hard so if you got time, reseal your pump and if that doesn't work then get a new one later.

#6 subarusaver

subarusaver

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Tennessee

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Thanks for all the QUICK replies!!!!

Grossgary, sorry they don't have one.I got excited when I saw it, but, a phone call and three minutes later "Chris" told me "Sorry, we dont have that item any more,BUT ,I can get you one for 179.00..........Oh well, Looks like I just have to re seal if I cant find one..............

Thanks again!!

#7 scoobiedubie

scoobiedubie

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 435 posts
  • Aloha, Oregon

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Used oil pumps are $21 at U-pull-it. You should be able to find a GL or Loyale with less than 160,000 miles on it.

#8 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,233 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

Ctsuba is the man! Get the reseal kit. We've all done it. Mickey mouse seal , you'll love it ! Hold that one in place with vasoline they tell you in the manual. It'll shift around or fall out and make you angry if you don't add a little goo to keep it while you set it to the block.

Have fun and save money. Get that six of good beer and apply liberally.
Cheers!

..... And check out my new water pump !!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users