Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Adjustable trailing arms??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 97preza

97preza

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • lynchburg, virginia

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

I have a 97 impreza OBS and i am looking for some inexpenive adjustable trailing arms to set my rear wheels back center of my fender wells. Any ideas???

#2 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,397 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

ebay cheapies...
I have some that have stayed quiet through alot of abuse.
cheers

#3 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,620 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251191691349
:slobber: Did not know these could be bought for so cheap. I need some to adjust the caster angle on my rear struts after the lift. Add them to "the list". :horse:

#4 97preza

97preza

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • lynchburg, virginia

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

NICE!!!!! I didnt even think to check ebay. The cheapest ones i had found were $220. This helps out. After installing the taller struts and springs, i need to center my rear wheels for taller tires :D Thanks Guys!!

#5 cal_look_zero

cal_look_zero

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 611 posts
  • Grass Pants, OR

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Godspeed stuff is VERY hit or miss. Given that it's not really a moving part (Like a turbo which they also sell) I can't imagine it could be too bad. I'm still on the fence about doing the whole rear end of my car with their kit.

http://www.ebay.com/...af36b73&vxp=mtr

but given that all my laterals and both arms are bent to some degree, it's cheaper and hopefully more sturdy than OEM and I probably can't lose too much by trying it.

#6 cal_look_zero

cal_look_zero

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 611 posts
  • Grass Pants, OR

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

Update. I hate these damn things. Completely threw off the daily driveability of the Impreza. Rear end has too much HNV, loud going over bumps... They suck.

However. The rear of the car feels much more stable under heavy driving.

That said, I'm putting stock lateral links back in. These will be for sale if anyone wants them.

#7 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,397 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

I got a good batch then.

Completely quite and gave better drivability. Maybe mine were quality off the shelf scratch and dents or something . I KNOW they were not Godspeed

#8 Ioku

Ioku

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Bend

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

there seems to be a few make of ebay latteral links I have this set http://www.ebay.com/...5cc7c1a&vxp=mtr with rubber boots over the hiems, I've had them on my impreza for 4 years now and there still quiet. I think the boots help to keep dirt out of the heims but most of mine have gotten torn up and fallen off.

Im thinking of giving this set a try next http://www.ebay.com/...cd3406f&vxp=mtr the hiems look really beefy and look to have a dust boot built into them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users