Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

anyone use Guaranteed carburetors.com?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 old sub freak

old sub freak

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • mt vernon,washington

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Hey Gang,Anyone get a hitachi from these guys? they have a rebuild one for my 87 dl wagon for $220 bucks. Any thoughts? I thought of a weber but I do like the hitachi's if there running good...i mean they do up to 200,000 before you even need to adjust them...Thats what I have seen. So whats the best way to get the wifes wagon going? Thanks Todd.OSF

#2 aba4430

aba4430

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Royston, GA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hey Gang,Anyone get a hitachi from these guys? they have a rebuild one for my 87 dl wagon for $220 bucks. Any thoughts? I thought of a weber but I do like the hitachi's if there running good...i mean they do up to 200,000 before you even need to adjust them...Thats what I have seen. So whats the best way to get the wifes wagon going? Thanks Todd.OSF

http://www.nationalc...cat-subaru.html

Try these folks also. They should be cheaper. I got a National carb a few years ago, but through ADAP and paid a lot more. The carb is working well.

#3 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Weber is the best option. I wouldn't mess with any Hitachi even a rebuilt one.

GD

#4 silverback

silverback

New User

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

I thought that you installed an 'ebay Weber' on that 87 GL?

#5 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,607 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Weber is the best option. I wouldn't mess with any Hitachi even a rebuilt one.

GD

I Agree, also $ 220.ºº is very expensive for a used -reman- hitachi carb.

#6 old sub freak

old sub freak

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • mt vernon,washington

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

OK OK !!I'm getting a weber..Its for my wifes 1887 DL wagon,the back up ride.The 1987 Gl devoloped a massive oil leak (I'm thinkin the front oil seal)and within 15 miles it now has a rod knock!! so its going up on the block..anyone want a 87 gl automatic 4x4 w/170,000 miles on it. $500 and the weber goes w/it...I don't know why I was leaning towards a hitachi.Its just when they are workin good ,there great. I always just try used ones till i get a keeper for my rides ,but being its the girls rig and there has been a rash of repairs to get the GL up and running Only to have starting problems and becoming unreliable and then start knocking !!.I just want something to stay running..so I can give my cars some "quality time" haha anyway thanks for the surport.Happy Trails,Todd the OSF ps i found a VW shop in Sea Tac that has webers w/ adapter for $380 total.I have bought 1/2 dozen of them over the years and they were always treated me right..

Edited by old sub freak, 03 January 2013 - 11:58 PM.

#7 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,557 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

I used them for the Justy. They left parts out. I was very pissed. See if you can find someone local to you they do exist.

#8 6 Star

6 Star

Boxer Nostalgic

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • South Seattle, WA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

ps i found a VW shop in Sea Tac that has webers w/ adapter for $380 total.I have bought 1/2 dozen of them over the years and they were always treated me right..

Are you talking about Autosport Imports? They are in my neighborhood. :D
Also Northwest Connecting Rod is a bit north of me in Southpark.

#9 ferox

ferox

King of the Echo People

• Members
  • 835 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

I just want something to stay running..so I can give my cars some "quality time" haha anyway thanks for the surport.

Unless you are attached to the Loyale body style, I would recommend a Legacy. They can be had for very cheap these days, especially the '90-'94s. Anything you buy would probably need new bearings, struts, ball-joints, and tie-rod ends, but it would likely stay running and start easily.

#10 old sub freak

old sub freak

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • mt vernon,washington

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Why Yes,Paula is great.When I first went there 10 years ago? I thought "Great here's a chick to help me" Well my friends,eating crow has never tasted better...She knows her stuff and I felt like a fool for judgeing her...(hey i'm still learnin).Autosport Imports,Yea,right across from Angle lake on 99 ,just south of the airport...Great shop.highly recomended...Can i do that here? Thanks againTodd Oh and Ferox She just likes wagons and i like the spfi.they last FOREVER !!well as far as starting goes.i did a "Full Monty"on a 88 wagon with spfi 40,000 miles ago and it still starts everytime.But it does uses some oil and probley had a cracked head,but my daughter is good at keeping all the fluids up and it keeps going..i plan on droppin in a different engine here soon,but it starts...... always!!! I always have my eye out for subaru's(where did that term come from?) so I will look for a Legacy

Edited by old sub freak, 04 January 2013 - 02:36 PM.
forgot something

#11 Dinky26

Dinky26

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Wichita KS

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Okay so where is the best place to get a Weber for an 86'Brat?

#12 old sub freak

old sub freak

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • mt vernon,washington

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Well that place i mentioned has the set up (carb and adapter)for E82's for $380 total.Now a E81 might be cheaper.And they can sure ship stuff. Or just start snooping around your neighborhood..It seems VW shops always have weber stuff..And theres always the internet Anyway good luck OSF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users