Ultimate Subaru Message Board

anyone use Guaranteed carburetors.com?

Hey Gang,Anyone get a hitachi from these guys? they have a rebuild one for my 87 dl wagon for $220 bucks. Any thoughts? I thought of a weber but I do like the hitachi's if there running good...i mean they do up to 200,000 before you even need to adjust them...Thats what I have seen. So whats the best way to get the wifes wagon going? Thanks Todd.OSF

Hey Gang,Anyone get a hitachi from these guys? they have a rebuild one for my 87 dl wagon for $220 bucks. Any thoughts? I thought of a weber but I do like the hitachi's if there running good...i mean they do up to 200,000 before you even need to adjust them...Thats what I have seen. So whats the best way to get the wifes wagon going? Thanks Todd.OSF

http://www.nationalcarburetors.com/cat-subaru.html

Try these folks also. They should be cheaper. I got a National carb a few years ago, but through ADAP and paid a lot more. The carb is working well.

OK OK !!I'm getting a weber..Its for my wifes 1887 DL wagon,the back up ride.The 1987 Gl devoloped a massive oil leak (I'm thinkin the front oil seal)and within 15 miles it now has a rod knock!! so its going up on the block..anyone want a 87 gl automatic 4x4 w/170,000 miles on it. $500 and the weber goes w/it...I don't know why I was leaning towards a hitachi.Its just when they are workin good ,there great. I always just try used ones till i get a keeper for my rides ,but being its the girls rig and there has been a rash of repairs to get the GL up and running Only to have starting problems and becoming unreliable and then start knocking !!.I just want something to stay running..so I can give my cars some "quality time" haha anyway thanks for the surport.Happy Trails,Todd the OSF ps i found a VW shop in Sea Tac that has webers w/ adapter for $380 total.I have bought 1/2 dozen of them over the years and they were always treated me right..

Edited by old sub freak

ps i found a VW shop in Sea Tac that has webers w/ adapter for $380 total.I have bought 1/2 dozen of them over the years and they were always treated me right..

Are you talking about Autosport Imports? They are in my neighborhood. :D

Also Northwest Connecting Rod is a bit north of me in Southpark.

I just want something to stay running..so I can give my cars some "quality time" haha anyway thanks for the surport.
Unless you are attached to the Loyale body style, I would recommend a Legacy. They can be had for very cheap these days, especially the '90-'94s. Anything you buy would probably need new bearings, struts, ball-joints, and tie-rod ends, but it would likely stay running and start easily.

Why Yes,Paula is great.When I first went there 10 years ago? I thought "Great here's a chick to help me" Well my friends,eating crow has never tasted better...She knows her stuff and I felt like a fool for judgeing her...(hey i'm still learnin).Autosport Imports,Yea,right across from Angle lake on 99 ,just south of the airport...Great shop.highly recomended...Can i do that here? Thanks againTodd Oh and Ferox She just likes wagons and i like the spfi.they last FOREVER !!well as far as starting goes.i did a "Full Monty"on a 88 wagon with spfi 40,000 miles ago and it still starts everytime.But it does uses some oil and probley had a cracked head,but my daughter is good at keeping all the fluids up and it keeps going..i plan on droppin in a different engine here soon,but it starts...... always!!! I always have my eye out for subaru's(where did that term come from?) so I will look for a Legacy

Edited by old sub freak
forgot something

Well that place i mentioned has the set up (carb and adapter)for E82's for $380 total.Now a E81 might be cheaper.And they can sure ship stuff. Or just start snooping around your neighborhood..It seems VW shops always have weber stuff..And theres always the internet Anyway good luck OSF