Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Questions about a lift

So I wanted the 87 gl ghost had for sale but that didn't work out, but I found a 92 loyale for sale locally with a 3" lift. I was just wondering some things to look for when checking it out and also what are some things if any to be worried about with a 3" lift..

for 3 inches make sure they have dropped the crossmember, bearings in the drivelines, and rear diff. if not you will likely eat up CV's from too much angle.

also if they did drop the engine/trans, then make sure all the linkages in the shifter work.

other thing would be the camber in the front, the struts need to move 15 degrees or so to keep the wheels straight, so the spacer on top of the strut needs to be slightly angled.

Spoke to the owner about it and he said the lift is suspension and the camber is off a little in the front.. said an allignment would b fine and fix it, should I be waryof this or try to tackle the project?

He's blowing smoke or doesn't know what he's talking about...the camber isn't adjustable on these cars. Bad camber is from a bad lift, so its gonna need a new one, or just take it off and drive it stock.

Its up to you what you want to do, if it is worth getting talk him down by explaining the lift isn't good and you'd have to start over. You can make a 2" lift for about $20 and that willn't kill your c/v's.

Josh

just so that its said, going over 2 inches makes a ton more work. drop the crossmember, trans, and rear. linkages, steering extensions, possibly hoses.

just mentioning it so you don't read about the easy 2" and under lifts and think its similar, or that you can just add the extra easily.

tbh a 90's loyale is a pretty common item. the only special thing about this one would be the lift, but its done wrong so I look at it as being less value than a stock one that nobody has messed up. Up to you ultimately, but if he's got that lift you should at least plan on having to replace the CV's he's running since they are probably being abused. look up aftermarket CV's on this site and see what you find lol.

id look for one that hasnt been messed with and just do your own 2 inch. even buying the lifts its pretty cheap for the 2 inch.

just so that its said, going over 2 inches makes a ton more work. drop the crossmember, trans, and rear. linkages, steering extensions, possibly hoses.

just mentioning it so you don't read about the easy 2" and under lifts and think its similar, or that you can just add the extra easily.

tbh a 90's loyale is a pretty common item. the only special thing about this one would be the lift, but its done wrong so I look at it as being less value than a stock one that nobody has messed up. Up to you ultimately, but if he's got that lift you should at least plan on having to replace the CV's he's running since they are probably being abused. look up aftermarket CV's on this site and see what you find lol.

id look for one that hasnt been messed with and just do your own 2 inch. even buying the lifts its pretty cheap for the 2 inch.

just so there is no misunderstanding, the OP is on the east end of the country, 90s loyales are not a common item by a long shot over here.