Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

4wd just quit

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hooligan

Hooligan

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Newberg, Oregon

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

I have a 94 loyale (EA82) that I picked up a couple weeks ago. 4wd worked when I test drove it. Went to use it last night, and.....nothing. the switch feels like its is engaging, but the drive lines dont, the lights dont come on and it stays in FWD

I recently did a light tune up, (filter, plugs, etc)

Where should I start with troubleshooting?

#2 robm

robm

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 753 posts
  • Terrace, B.C.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Do the heater controls still work? If so, go to step 2.

Step 1. Check the vacuum supply. A vacuum line comes off the engine on the passenger side and goes to a white canister at the firewall, where it goes to the heater controls and 4WD solenoid valves. MAke sure it is connected, no leaks or cracked hoses.

Step 2. Check where the vacuum line goes to the solenoid valves on the driver side near the firewall, behind the strut. Check the supply is connected to the solenoids, make sure the output from the valves goes to the transmission, make sure the electrical connectors are connected to the valves. Test the solenoids by hitting the switch, they should click.

Step 3. Make sure the vacuum lines to the actuator on the transmission are still connected.

Might be electrical, check fuses if the solenoids don't click when you push the button.

Good luck.

Rob.

#3 Hooligan

Hooligan

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Newberg, Oregon

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Rob. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock. :headbang:

There was a vacuum line that had come loose when I changed the fuel filter.

Fixed.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users