Ultimate Subaru Message Board

PCV valve???

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/DInky261/IMAG0424.jpg[/img]"]http://IMAG0424.jpgGetting the PCV out was the hugest PITA I've come across in awhile:banghead::banghead: I did finally get it out and the new one in but not without putting a split in the PCV connecting tube, think it will still go okay but I was wanting some extra thoughts. Near as I can tell the crack does not go beyond the end of the valve YET...

Mine was cracked, and it leaked oil. My temporary solution was electrical tape.

I see you had the EGR off. Really must have sucked getting that thing off, putting the new valve in, only to break the hose.

Edited by BratRod

Mine was cracked, and it leaked oil. My temporary solution was electrical tape.

I see you had the EGR off. Really must have sucked getting that thing off, putting the new valve in, only to break the hose.

Yeah I had to take the EGR off, no way was I going to be able to get the PCV out otherwise. Anybody else had this fun PITA time with one of these?

Yes it really did suck the big horny toads prostate right out of the fairy tale when the thing cracked:eek::mad::eek::mad:

I was thinking that I needed a special fitted hose to replace this one didn't think about asking for such a thing when I was there:banghead::banghead::banghead:

you can buy pcv hose at a parts store for under $1 per foot.

easiest way is to just cut the hose shorter and put it back on.

That what I did... and failed smog!

They want EMISSIONS hoses. Dealers have them, but be prepared to pay!

Sam