Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hello from the UK

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NickNakorn

NickNakorn

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • London

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

Hi everyone,
I'm a fan of the old Subaru L-series (it was never called Leone or Loyale in the UK) and have had several second-hand 1.8 4x4 DL Estates over the years. I currently have 2 of them, a red one and a green one,both 1991.
Posted Image
They are now very rare in the UK and there are less than a dozen still registered as roadworthy with the UK licensing centre (DVLA).
I'm just finishing an engine rebuild on the red one having done a fair bit of welding repairs to the rusted out wheel arch and I expect I'll have a bit more welding to do. The green car will be 'bob-tailed' and 'lifted' for off road use. I'm writing about my progress at http://www.nagara.co.uk - just follow the link to 'cars'
Best wishes all
Nick

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,650 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Welcome to the USMB. Good to see that these older subies are still around over there, even if there are only a few left on the road.

#3 NickNakorn

NickNakorn

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • London

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Thanks Josh! Not only is it raining constantly but we also salt the roads in winter - poor old classic Subarus didn't stand a chance. A few years ago there were thousands of them on the road but they all got scrapped at the same time. We have a fascinating web site in the UK allied to our official DVLA called 'How Many Left' at: http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/ Do you have a similar resource?

#4 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,650 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Wow, that's a pretty cool website!

No I don't know of a similar site like that in the states. You'd have to compile all the 50 different state licensing statitics to come up with something like that.....and I'm not sure if that's public information or not.

#5 NickNakorn

NickNakorn

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • London

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

Yes, it's a very good resource. Of course, the UK is tiny - the whole country is only about 60million people and size-wise, well:

http://www.ifitwerem...m/compare/US/GB

So I think it would be more than feasible for individual US states. Not sure how the UK site derives an income as I haven't seen any advertising on it. A business idea for you? (when you're rich you can buy me a pint!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users