Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tire Size for a First Gen Brat

I want to get some different tires for my brat. I will be lifting it soon and was just curious as to what is the best size tire for a 1st gen Brat with a 4 inch lift?

you can run 195/75/14r stock with very little rubbing on a stock brat. so do a six lug swap by redrilling the hubs and you can run the same rims as toyota's, mazad's, chvev's, ect. so you can run some 15 inch rims with what ever tires will fit or you can make them fit.

you can run 195/75/14r stock with very little rubbing on a stock brat. so do a six lug swap by redrilling the hubs and you can run the same rims as toyota's, mazad's, chvev's, ect. so you can run some 15 inch rims with what ever tires will fit or you can make them fit.

Those tires will fit on a stock gen 1? hmm... I know they fit on gen 2 and gen 3, but always thought they would rub on the back of a stock first gen.

I tried 195/75/14 on pugs on when i had my GEN 1 wagon and it rubbed the back arches.

The largest size I could fit (which also required some banging on the rear arches) is 175/75/14.

Now the wagon is gone and a BRAT has replaced it, i will re-try the 195 tires on it in a few weeks and update.