Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Tire Size for a First Gen Brat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ThatSubaruKid

ThatSubaruKid

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Vancouver, WA

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

I want to get some different tires for my brat. I will be lifting it soon and was just curious as to what is the best size tire for a 1st gen Brat with a 4 inch lift?

#2 turbosubarubrat

turbosubarubrat

2nd gen hoarder

• Members
  • 1,041 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

I want to get some different tires for my brat. I will be lifting it soon and was just curious as to what is the best size tire for a 1st gen Brat with a 4 inch lift?

you can run 195/75/14r stock with very little rubbing on a stock brat. so do a six lug swap by redrilling the hubs and you can run the same rims as toyota's, mazad's, chvev's, ect. so you can run some 15 inch rims with what ever tires will fit or you can make them fit.

#3 ThatSubaruKid

ThatSubaruKid

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Vancouver, WA

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Sweet, I'll have to read up on doing a 6 lug swap next.

#4 Markus56

Markus56

Whup tee do

• Members
  • 794 posts
  • Wolf Point, Montana

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

you can run 195/75/14r stock with very little rubbing on a stock brat. so do a six lug swap by redrilling the hubs and you can run the same rims as toyota's, mazad's, chvev's, ect. so you can run some 15 inch rims with what ever tires will fit or you can make them fit.

Those tires will fit on a stock gen 1? hmm... I know they fit on gen 2 and gen 3, but always thought they would rub on the back of a stock first gen.

#5 Yaron

Yaron

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Israel

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

I tried 195/75/14 on pugs on when i had my GEN 1 wagon and it rubbed the back arches.

The largest size I could fit (which also required some banging on the rear arches) is 175/75/14.

Now the wagon is gone and a BRAT has replaced it, i will re-try the 195 tires on it in a few weeks and update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users