Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My 05 Legacy GT....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 newlisbonlegacy

newlisbonlegacy

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Cambridge City Indiana

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

http://legacygt.com/...&pictureid=7725

No mods to her....yet....

#2 O.C.D.

O.C.D.

Subaru Fanatic!

• Validating
  • 690 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Sure there is a mod - mustache chrome has been plasti-dip'd, lol.

I got my 05 Manual wagon about 2 months ago. Love it! Done the banjo filter mod, catless up-pipe, stage 1, COBB short throw and bushings, Shell Rotella oil and some other goodies.

My 4th Subie and I love it the most.
Posted Image

She decided to play with a trash dumpster before Christmas.
Posted Image

But she is all fixed now.

Anyway, back to you. Is she a 5 speed? Mileage?

#3 newlisbonlegacy

newlisbonlegacy

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Cambridge City Indiana

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Awww horrable damage! What happend? Glad you got her fixed!! Shes an auto. Oddly enought this is my first car with a auto trans! Always had manual tranny cars and trucks lol. Sense i finally got a job, i can start doing to her what i want. Stage 2 "kit" and new wheels. But this is by far, my favorite car!

#4 tundrabrat

tundrabrat

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

I got tired of effortless acceleration, rock solid handling... and spending way too much money on parts... so I had to go old school.

I'm happy to give my input... I built this thing before parts weren't cheap and you couldn't find them used. When I sold it, I had built it from stem to stern including complete engine build.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 newlisbonlegacy

newlisbonlegacy

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Cambridge City Indiana

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

I'm prolly gonna need loads of it! lol I'm trying to figure out which is the best cat back exhaust for the money

#6 O.C.D.

O.C.D.

Subaru Fanatic!

• Validating
  • 690 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

I got tired of effortless acceleration, rock solid handling... and spending way too much money on parts... so I had to go old school.

I'm happy to give my input... I built this thing before parts weren't cheap and you couldn't find them used. When I sold it, I had built it from stem to stern including complete engine build.

/5574_1168943433793_1534172851_30446.jpg[/IMG]

Ah the STI Intercooler/Manifold swap, nice. Did you do Phenolics as well? Or is that a STI complete swap? VF52? Brembos too boot! That Sir is a lovely Legacy.

#7 O.C.D.

O.C.D.

Subaru Fanatic!

• Validating
  • 690 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Awww horrable damage! What happend? Glad you got her fixed!! Shes an auto. Oddly enought this is my first car with a auto trans! Always had manual tranny cars and trucks lol. Sense i finally got a job, i can start doing to her what i want. Stage 2 "kit" and new wheels. But this is by far, my favorite car!

Yup, it was horrible. A complete and damage free Legacy.

It was after a snow storm and I lost all control in the parking lot at work. Couldn't stop or turn and just plowed into a dumpster enclosure at 20. $4,000 in damage and she is looking better than before.

New hood, fender, intake, bumper, headlight, etc, etc....

#8 tundrabrat

tundrabrat

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Ah the STI Intercooler/Manifold swap, nice. Did you do Phenolics as well? Or is that a STI complete swap? VF52? Brembos too boot! That Sir is a lovely Legacy.

I was one of the original guys to do the manifold, tgv delete, vf39, sti tmic, and ACT flywheel and clutch (back when I did this we had no choices in Turbo upgrades). I added brembos, sti up pipe, catless down pipe and borla exhaust. I spun a rod bearing and did a full bulid (rods, pistons, oil pump etc) and added an 18g.

Exterior was mild JDM... front bumper and waist spoiler, debadged and tinted tail lights.

Short shift kit, group n tranny, motor and cross member mounts, firm linkage bushings, perrin rear sway, HR springs.

...yeah, my old subies are way cheaper to run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users