Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 05 Legacy GT....

newlisbonlegacy

Sure there is a mod - mustache chrome has been plasti-dip'd, lol.

I got my 05 Manual wagon about 2 months ago. Love it! Done the banjo filter mod, catless up-pipe, stage 1, COBB short throw and bushings, Shell Rotella oil and some other goodies.

My 4th Subie and I love it the most.

IMG_2172.jpg

She decided to play with a trash dumpster before Christmas.

IMG_2438.jpg

But she is all fixed now.

Anyway, back to you. Is she a 5 speed? Mileage?

Awww horrable damage! What happend? Glad you got her fixed!! Shes an auto. Oddly enought this is my first car with a auto trans! Always had manual tranny cars and trucks lol. Sense i finally got a job, i can start doing to her what i want. Stage 2 "kit" and new wheels. But this is by far, my favorite car!

I got tired of effortless acceleration, rock solid handling... and spending way too much money on parts... so I had to go old school.

I'm happy to give my input... I built this thing before parts weren't cheap and you couldn't find them used. When I sold it, I had built it from stem to stern including complete engine build.

IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

5574_1168943433793_1534172851_30446.jpg

I got tired of effortless acceleration, rock solid handling... and spending way too much money on parts... so I had to go old school.

I'm happy to give my input... I built this thing before parts weren't cheap and you couldn't find them used. When I sold it, I had built it from stem to stern including complete engine build.

/5574_1168943433793_1534172851_30446.jpg[/img]

Ah the STI Intercooler/Manifold swap, nice. Did you do Phenolics as well? Or is that a STI complete swap? VF52? Brembos too boot! That Sir is a lovely Legacy.

Awww horrable damage! What happend? Glad you got her fixed!! Shes an auto. Oddly enought this is my first car with a auto trans! Always had manual tranny cars and trucks lol. Sense i finally got a job, i can start doing to her what i want. Stage 2 "kit" and new wheels. But this is by far, my favorite car!

Yup, it was horrible. A complete and damage free Legacy.

It was after a snow storm and I lost all control in the parking lot at work. Couldn't stop or turn and just plowed into a dumpster enclosure at 20. $4,000 in damage and she is looking better than before.

New hood, fender, intake, bumper, headlight, etc, etc....

Ah the STI Intercooler/Manifold swap, nice. Did you do Phenolics as well? Or is that a STI complete swap? VF52? Brembos too boot! That Sir is a lovely Legacy.

I was one of the original guys to do the manifold, tgv delete, vf39, sti tmic, and ACT flywheel and clutch (back when I did this we had no choices in Turbo upgrades). I added brembos, sti up pipe, catless down pipe and borla exhaust. I spun a rod bearing and did a full bulid (rods, pistons, oil pump etc) and added an 18g.

Exterior was mild JDM... front bumper and waist spoiler, debadged and tinted tail lights.

Short shift kit, group n tranny, motor and cross member mounts, firm linkage bushings, perrin rear sway, HR springs.

...yeah, my old subies are way cheaper to run.