Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dash Speedo Light blown?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 UMT

UMT

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Pound, WI.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

99 Impreza Outback Sport: all of a sudden, my speedo is dark from 0 - 30 MPH...! I'm assuming a blown led??? How hard to remove dash and replace?

Thanks,
UMT

#2 ivans imports

ivans imports

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 2,954 posts
  • lumby bc canada

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

try giving the top of console a cupple good wacks might turn the light back on

#3 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 9,094 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Pretty sure the cluster lights are just 194 or 168 wedge bulbs. Cluster isn't hard to remove. I have one that is intermittent on the 70-140 side of mine. Doesn't bother me because I hardly use that half of the speedometer anyway. But the low side, yeah I would pull the cluster out to replace that.

#4 charm

charm

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

They're a couple bucks each from the dealer. As easy as it is to remove the cluster, there's no sense in doing it more than once with the bulbs being as affordable as they are so replace all of them while you're in there.

Took me about 15 minutes having never done it before. It's not too many screws and then just a little wiggling and a couple plugs.

#5 UMT

UMT

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Pound, WI.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

They're a couple bucks each from the dealer. As easy as it is to remove the cluster, there's no sense in doing it more than once with the bulbs being as affordable as they are so replace all of them while you're in there.

Took me about 15 minutes having never done it before. It's not too many screws and then just a little wiggling and a couple plugs.

99 Impreza Outback Sport: Took a quick look at the dash.. Have never had to remove anything like this before...

I take it the 'bolts' are underneath the dash? How about a quick lesson, tips on how to remove?

Thanks,
UMT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users