Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dash Speedo Light blown?

Pretty sure the cluster lights are just 194 or 168 wedge bulbs. Cluster isn't hard to remove. I have one that is intermittent on the 70-140 side of mine. Doesn't bother me because I hardly use that half of the speedometer anyway. But the low side, yeah I would pull the cluster out to replace that.

They're a couple bucks each from the dealer. As easy as it is to remove the cluster, there's no sense in doing it more than once with the bulbs being as affordable as they are so replace all of them while you're in there.

Took me about 15 minutes having never done it before. It's not too many screws and then just a little wiggling and a couple plugs.

They're a couple bucks each from the dealer. As easy as it is to remove the cluster, there's no sense in doing it more than once with the bulbs being as affordable as they are so replace all of them while you're in there.

Took me about 15 minutes having never done it before. It's not too many screws and then just a little wiggling and a couple plugs.

99 Impreza Outback Sport: Took a quick look at the dash.. Have never had to remove anything like this before...

I take it the 'bolts' are underneath the dash? How about a quick lesson, tips on how to remove?

Thanks,

UMT