Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Basecoat and Clearcoat done

Wow, that is nice paint! And some intense rust repair action! I need to do some of that on my wagon, I need to weld in new rear wheelarch bits, and also fix some frame rail and sill cap holes. Only I have to do it with oxy-acetylene, which takes friggin forever and warps the metal easy. :banghead: I need to get a mig!

oh, and sweet rollbar!

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! Say, Does you dad enjoy doing this? I could use a good bodyman. I have way less rust on my BRAT than you did so it wouldn't be near as much work. Tell your old man he does a great job! You are lucky to have such a talented father. Now you are gonna be driving one nice BRAT! Just for curiosity's sake, what did he use to make his cuts (When cutting the rust out) Looks nice and clean like a plasma cut. Boz

He didn't make all the cuts:-p, we used a grinder with a cutting wheel on it, what we couldn't fit the grinder into we used shears. and an air hammer.

he figured out all this when he restored his triumph, so the brat is him teaching me how to do bodywork, I will need it when we restore his sunbeam and convert his tr7. and when I get a gen 1 Brat. and some 360's, hopefully.

-AK.